Top 6 Next Year?

LabattBlue

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be okay with a Top 6 of Lombardi or Cullen, Roy, Pominville, Hecht, Vanek & Ennis?

• Yes
    • No(If so, propose a Top 6 below)

Assume that Connolly and Stafford get dealt for prospects or picks, is this top 6 any better than the one from the last 3 season which has for the most part been Connolly, Roy, Pominville, Vanek, Hecht and Stafford.

Out - Connolly & Stafford

In - Cullen or Lombardi, and Ennis

Still too small(actually they would be even smaller) and still not enough grit in the Top 6?

That would still leave the Sabres left only with a Top One in Vanek. The "Core" or "Top Six" needs a much more significant makeover than what has been proposed.

How much can you realistically expect DR to change in one offseason? :)

PS While some of the Top 6 proposed may not be #1 line material, the majority of them would be okay on the 2nd line.

Ummm.....more like out Connolly and Stafford

in Brad Richards and Ales Hemsky :)

IMO the Brad Richards and Patrick Marleau proposals(not only here but on other boards) are pipe dreams. I'd be shocked if anything even close to this big actually happened.

Ou Pominville, Connolly

In Patrick Sharp & ???

Top six looks like this

Vanek-Roy-Staff

Ennis/Hecht-???-Sharp

I wanted Sharp because i really like his game, and i think there might be a way to trade for him. A 3 team deal.

I like Patrick Sharp but not instead of Pominville. They are pretty much the same player.

I like Patrick Sharp but not instead of Pominville. They are pretty much the same player.

Sharp for 4, or Pommer for 5.5?

Sharp plays with heart, and a little bit of grit. He crashes the net. And you cannot maintain payroll by replacing Staff with Sharp, not enough space.

Sharp for 4, or Pommer for 5.5?

Sharp plays with heart, and a little bit of grit. He crashes the net. And you cannot maintain payroll by replacing Staff with Sharp, not enough space.

1st, you said Connolly and Stafford gone, more then enough space plus if Lydman and Tallinder go and Weber replaces them that frees up more.

2nd, whatever the perceived differences in their play, the results are the same. Replacing Sharp for Pominville doesn't make you better and thats the object. If you find away to eliminate Connolly, Pominville and Stafford($11.7M) and bring in Sharp and a true #1 center at around $7 million per and a 3rd liner at $750K, then we are on the same page.

1st, you said Connolly and Stafford gone, more then enough space plus if Lydman and Tallinder go and Weber replaces them that frees up more.

2nd, whatever the perceived differences in their play, the results are the same. Replacing Sharp for Pominville doesn't make you better and thats the object. If you find away to eliminate Connolly, Pominville and Stafford($11.7M) and bring in Sharp and a true #1 center at around $7 million per and a 3rd liner at $750K, then we are on the same page.

The idea of getting rid of Stafford never entered my frame of writting.

I said

Out: TC and Pommer

In: Sharp and ???

If both Hank and Toni wlak, you have some serious holes on the blueline. You would then be reliant on Sekera steping up 100 percent of time. Bad position in my view.

Sharp makes 4, and then 4.5. And he's not better than Pominville, per say, but he sure as... answers some flaws about our scorers. I'm looking for players with an edge that dont grab sausage after 1am. I'm also trying to be as realistic as possible,( hence Roy staying).

There is no chance Darcy moves 3 "top 6 scorers" in 1 offseason. I doubt he can even move 1.

Archived