I give Connolly credit for one thing...

LabattBlue

Not defending Pominville's 'party line' response, but at least he had 2G and 2A. I'd rather have that and have him give generic bites to the media. An honest TC who offers nothing on the ice and owns up to it later is worth exactly that - nothing.

Agreed. I wasn't defending Connolly at all, his play in the post season was astonishingly horrid. I just dont know what else to say. I've supported the guy for years and expected a great run from him. Instead he banished himself to the 3rd, and was a non factor 90 percent of his toi. Insane.

His avoidance of the media is like a paralell to his disapearence on the ice.

Agreed. I wasn't defending Connolly at all, his play in the post season was astonishingly horrid. I just dont know what else to say. I've supported the guy for years and expected a great run from him. Instead he banished himself to the 3rd, and was a non factor 90 percent of his toi. Insane.

His avoidance of the media is like a paralell to his disapearence on the ice.

i just dont agree with this bashing on connolly at all, yes hes injury prone, but when hes on the ice he makes plays, yes he might not always make the right play but i think he trys hard, he was at least trying to hit people in game 5, give him a break he got injured right before the playoffs and i do recall him hitting the post in one of the games. sometimes players just dont play there best and ya gotta give them a break once in a while.

i just dont agree with this bashing on connolly at all, yes hes injury prone, but when hes on the ice he makes plays, yes he might not always make the right play but i think he trys hard, he was at least trying to hit people in game 5, give him a break he got injured right before the playoffs and i do recall him hitting the post in one of the games. sometimes players just dont play there best and ya gotta give them a break once in a while.

Hey man, your talking to a top Connolly supporter here. I know exactly what a Tim Connolly at the top of his game would've brought to this team. I believe a top form Connolly could've posted 8 points in those 6 games. But with a broken foot, per wgr, Connolly couldn't pull the trigger. I didn't know of the broken foot when i made that post. :thumbsup:

Hey man, your talking to a top Connolly supporter here. I know exactly what a Tim Connolly at the top of his game would've brought to this team. I believe a top form Connolly could've posted 8 points in those 6 games. But with a broken foot, per wgr, Connolly couldn't pull the trigger. I didn't know of the broken foot when i made that post. :thumbsup:

thanks for agreeing. i just dont like how people put so much blame on the players without looking at the coach.

I understood it differently - both Lindy and Tim said it wasn't an issue in the playoffs. Wouldn't one of them have brought that up if it were even remotely hampering him? And also, if it is bothering him, then he needs to sit. Much like Vanek, Tim needed to tell Lindy he can't go...only Tim knows how 'good' it feels. Vanek could've pushed to come back earlier, and made things worse. Instead, he rested, skated, and came back and made a difference.

Sorry if that's coming across a little harsh, but right now, TC gets my blood up.

thanks for agreeing. i just dont like how people put so much blame on the players without looking at the coach.

...and some of us don't like how people blame it on the coach without looking at the players and their effort on the ice. But...Que sera, sera.

I understood it differently - both Lindy and Tim said it wasn't an issue in the playoffs. Wouldn't one of them have brought that up if it were even remotely hampering him? And also, if it is bothering him, then he needs to sit. Much like Vanek, Tim needed to tell Lindy he can't go...only Tim knows how 'good' it feels. Vanek could've pushed to come back earlier, and made things worse. Instead, he rested, skated, and came back and made a difference.

Sorry if that's coming across a little harsh, but right now, TC gets my blood up.

yeah well maybe he does have heart and thats why he played even though he was injured. did you ever think of that?

yeah well maybe he does have heart and thats why he played even though he was injured. did you ever think of that?

If he played injured and was that bad that he was a non factor, thats not heart, thats stupidity. And in the end, it only serves to even further distance us fans from him.

If he played injured and was that bad that he was a non factor, thats not heart, thats stupidity. And in the end, it only serves to even further distance us fans from him.

It also serves to even further distance us fans from a coach who would play someone playing so poorly.

Understood, and I wasn't stating that the organization or hockey legions in general were touting him as such, merely the local or regional Sabres fan base. You are correct, he is known as a playmaker, but many fans expect him to show up and score goals.

This, to me in any event, shows the ineptness at Center for the Sabres. We need a sniper with size at center, Connolly just isn't it. He is worth something to some teams however, and should he and Stafford be packaged with picks/prospects or someone else, it should fetch a decent Center. Then again, as others have pointed out, it is Regier we are talking about here, hence my serious distaste for the current GM of the Sabres.

Fair enough, and no argument here.

Archived