Awards: For resurrecting Sabres, Miller deserves Hart, Vezina

26CornerBlitz

If they give out the Hart and Vezina by the standars with which they are supposed to be doled out, Miller should win both. He is the best goaltender in the league, without question, but he is also the most valuable player on the Sabres. Without him, we are fighting for the final playoff spot in the East, if we're lucky. Miller is the MVP of the league, but odds are they'll give it to Crysby or Boardvechkin because that's best for the league.

I also think Myers is a shoe-in for the Calder and that Ruff, if we win at least one playoff series, is very high on the list of Coach of the Year Candidate. Three trophies would be better. Win Division. Win Conference. Win that other one that I won't name, but everyone knows what I mean.

If they give out the Hart and Vezina by the standars with which they are supposed to be doled out, Miller should win both. He is the best goaltender in the league, without question, but he is also the most valuable player on the Sabres. Without him, we are fighting for the final playoff spot in the East, if we're lucky. Miller is the MVP of the league, but odds are they'll give it to Crysby or Boardvechkin because that's best for the league.

I also think Myers is a shoe-in for the Calder and that Ruff, if we win at least one playoff series, is very high on the list of Coach of the Year Candidate. Three trophies would be better. Win Division. Win Conference. Win that other one that I won't name, but everyone knows what I mean.

Remember that the hockey writers association votes for these. So unless they take direction from the NHL, it should be an honest choice.

If the Sabres are lucky to make the playoffs without Miller, how is Ruff coach of the year?

Ovie has a colorable argument for the Hart. Without him, the Capitals aren't anywhere near a Presidents' Trophy. There is no way Crosby should be a candidate.

EDIT: On the CBS site, one commenter mentioned Bryzgalov. He certainly belongs in the conversation.

Remember that the hockey writers association votes for these. So unless they take direction from the NHL, it should be an honest choice.

If the Sabres are lucky to make the playoffs without Miller, how is Ruff coach of the year?

Dave Tippett is far and away the Coach Of The Year. There isn't even a close second. I Don't think Myers is the slam dunk winner for the Calder. Looking closer at Jimmy Howards numbers he has started 60 games, is 5th in save % and GAA. Tuuka Rask has started 40 games and leads the league in save % and .gaa. His sub 2.00 gaa (1.96) may take some Vezina votes away from Miller. We already know Martin Brodeur is going to get his share of Vezina votes leading in wins and shutouts. It is very possible no Sabre walks away with hardware after the season.

Dave Tippett is far and away the Coach Of The Year. There isn't even a close second. I Don't think Myers is the slam dunk winner for the Calder. Looking closer at Jimmy Howards numbers he has started 60 games, is 5th in save % and GAA. Tuuka Rask has started 40 games and leads the league in save % and .gaa. His sub 2.00 gaa (1.96) may take some Vezina votes away from Miller. We already know Martin Brodeur is going to get his share of Vezina votes leading in wins and shutouts. It is very possible no Sabre walks away with hardware after the season.

WHAT!?

You mean Miller is not having the greatest season in the history of goaltending?

Archived