The NHL gets real tough on head shots (not)

carpandean

In a big statement about how serious it is about head shots, the NHL gave Colby Armstrong a whopping two game suspension for this elbow/forearm to the face:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy-hp3eNzzY

That'll really put the fear in cheap-shot artists. :rolleyes:

Is there a fine involved as well (other than the two game checks)? Do they actually even lose their game checks?

I would think that money might be the only thing to motivate them. It's not like the guys who do this are the highest paid players on the team.

Someone needs to tell the color guy that there's no penalty for head shots.

At the very least that should have been roughing.

I don't understand why the refs don't take better advantage of intent to injure. Why else do you throw that punch/deliver that elbow?

I hat to see the NHL treating head-shots like MLB treated steroids. Deny ther eis a problem until they finally decided to make a token effort to address the issue.

The problem with head-shots is not the rule book. It is the incompetent jacka$$ they have dishing out ineffective supplemental discipline Colon Campbell.

Two games for an obvious forearm/elbow that was obviously directed at the head, by a physical player who obviously left the ice as well to deliver this forearm shiver? NHL is a complete joke. That was one of the most blatant attempts at a head shot that I have seen in awhile. Armstrong had to turn his body and stretch his right arm over just so he could make contact with Perrault's head. Armstrong should be suspended for the remainder of the season. 5 or 6 games seems about right. Good ole NHL getting ready for the playoffs as usual. "Uhh, we didn't see anything".

Archived