Are players required to meet with the media after a game?

LabattBlue

Anyone know what is required from the players in terms of meeting with the media after a game? NHL policy? Team policy? Certain number of players made available?

I know I have read something similar to this in the paper numerous times over the years and it always pisses me off that some of these guys don't have the balls to face the media when the going gets tough. How come I have a hunch it's the same guys who are always ducking the media?

"The loss was nothing new. The Senators have won nine straight against Buffalo and are 25-6-4 against their rival since the lockout. But the way they lost stung the half of the team that bothered to stick around the dressing room in a culture that endorses disappearing after games."

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/03/26/1000365/sabres-and-senators-underway-in.html

Maybe it's because the media always interviews the same four guys (Miller, Vanek, Pominville, Roy). Or maybe those are the only ones who stick around. Either way, if I were a Sabre last night, I would not have been able to handle a post-game interview with grace and aplomb.

Disappear after games? Half this team disappears during games.

You are talking about a franchise that refuses to make accountability a core value. Their is no accountability in ownership, the front office, locker-room or the ice.

Lindy Ruff can talk the crap about accountability he wants. He is the one that allows the lack of accountability to fester in his locker-room. He even encourages it with uneven-handed way of dealing with players. Craig Rivet has been by far the worst Sabre defenseman all year. Yet it is Butler and Sekera who continue to sit. Tim Connolly and Derick Roy have been by far the two worst Sabre forwards over the past few games. Think they will find their way to the press box? ###### no! If Tim Kennedy has a bad game you can bet your ###### he will find it like Paille, MacArthur and many others before them.

I hate to be the one to break it to Lindy but sitting Kennedy or Matt Ellis doesn't send a message to the "core." Sitting Butler or Sekera isnlt going to make Rivet a better defenseman. A few games ago Lindy stated he may have to start sitting people again if their play doesn't turn around. I laughed so hard I almost crashed the car. I could imagine Lindy saying that to the team and Derrick Roy thinking to himself "I better get my act together or Matt Ellis is going to be benched." Until Lindy Ruff makes the "core" accountable and starts to address the core as he does the bottom of the roster nothing is going to change.

You are talking about a franchise that refuses to make accountability a core value. Their is no accountability in ownership, the front office, locker-room or the ice.

Lindy Ruff can talk the crap about accountability he wants. He is the one that allows the lack of accountability to fester in his locker-room. He even encourages it with uneven-handed way of dealing with players. Craig Rivet has been by far the worst Sabre defenseman all year. Yet it is Butler and Sekera who continue to sit. Tim Connolly and Derick Roy have been by far the two worst Sabre forwards over the past few games. Think they will find their way to the press box? ###### no! If Tim Kennedy has a bad game you can bet your ###### he will find it like Paille, MacArthur and many others before them.

I hate to be the one to break it to Lindy but sitting Kennedy or Matt Ellis doesn't send a message to the "core." Sitting Butler or Sekera isnlt going to make Rivet a better defenseman. A few games ago Lindy stated he may have to start sitting people again if their play doesn't turn around. I laughed so hard I almost crashed the car. I could imagine Lindy saying that to the team and Derrick Roy thinking to himself "I better get my act together or Matt Ellis is going to be benched." Until Lindy Ruff makes the "core" accountable and starts to address the core as he does the bottom of the roster nothing is going to change.

Agree 100%.

Lindy's doghouse crap got old way back when Geoff Sanderson and Jason Woolley were his favorite whipping boys.

Sitting rookies and fringe players over his underperforming "top-6" is a gutless move, and if Lindy thinks it earns anyone's respect or that anyone is going to magically get their game together because of some 4th liner sitting, he must be smoking crack.

Is something good going to come from benching Roy? Frankly, I doubt it. He's probably too much of an immature brat to fathom why he's being scratched in the first place, so in a morbid kind of way, I can understand that, and ignoring the part of me who thinks everyone deserves a fair and similar treatment, I am strangely "ok" with it.

But if this is in fact the case, Lindy needs to STFU about benching people, cause scratching Sekera clearly isn't going to get Vanek going.

"The loss was nothing new. The Senators have won nine straight against Buffalo and are 25-6-4 against their rival since the lockout. But the way they lost stung the half of the team that bothered to stick around the dressing room in a culture that endorses disappearing after games."

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/03/26/1000365/sabres-and-senators-underway-in.html

So this Vogl wants the reader to believe that players who don't bother to talk to him about the game don't care about the loss.

We should be up in arms because they didn't talk to Vogl.

He's suffering from delusions of grandeur. Why would I care if players don't talk to this Vogl. He's the one who stakes his income on quotes from hockey players, if it's not working out then get a real job.

Plus. the way he goes about attempting to enlist the ire of fans is so juvenile and transparent that it elicits the opposite reaction from me.

Now not only do I not give a damn one way or another, I'm glad he didn't get what he wanted.

Which when you think about it doesn't make him much of a writer.

More locker room stuff!

Where in the world do fans get the idea that they know what goes on in the locker room?

And moreover why do they care?

How many times have you been in there?

What are you a CIA remote viewer?

Me I haven't been in there once and don't care to be.

Lindy Ruff can talk the crap about accountability he wants. He is the one that allows the lack of accountability to fester in his locker-room.

Oh brother, more locker room.

He even encourages it with uneven-handed way of dealing with players. Craig Rivet has been by far the worst Sabre defenseman all year.

Ok now we are talking about something that we can actually witness, we're out of the realm of make believe and rumor!

And I agree with this opinion.

Think they will find their way to the press box? ###### no! If Tim Kennedy has a bad game you can bet your ###### he will find it like Paille, MacArthur and many others before them.

Disagree, Paul Gaustad was clearly the worst forward vs Ottawa.

If Tim Kennedy has a bad game you can bet your ###### he will find it like Paille, MacArthur and many others before them.

I hate to be the one to break it to Lindy but sitting Kennedy or Matt Ellis doesn't send a message to the "core." Sitting Butler or Sekera isnlt going to make Rivet a better defenseman. A few games ago Lindy stated he may have to start sitting people again if their play doesn't turn around. I laughed so hard I almost crashed the car.

I agree.

But while I read this I scratch my head wondering how, at the same time, you can believe that 4th liners motivate top 6 players with locker room demeanor (or whatever you want to call it).

Until Lindy Ruff makes the "core" accountable and starts to address the core as he does the bottom of the roster nothing is going to change.

I didn't see Roy generate much of anything in this game, same for Connolly and Vanek.

Gaustad was horrible on defense again, he's a liability.

While I agree with you on a lot of this stuff about Lindy seeming to having pet players, many of the fans that point it out engage in the same thing Lindy does.

Archived