Guy Carbonneau

FearTheReaper

Why not? Carbonneau is a powerplay ace. He led the Habs to first in the east during the 2007/08 season, with a 24.5% powerplay success rate. McCutcheon

was hopeless as a powerplay coach, and Patrick isn't doing much better.

I think he would vastly improve our dreadful man advantage units.

I'm not saying "go out to CBC and get this man on a plane to buffalo so he can coach tonight". I think if such a move was to be made, it would have to come in the offseason.

Thoughts?

Why not? Carbonneau is a powerplay ace. He led the Habs to first in the east during the 2007/08 season, with a 24.5% powerplay success rate. McCutcheon

was hopeless as a powerplay coach, and Patrick isn't doing much better.

I think he would vastly improve our dreadful man advantage units.

Thoughts?

I didn't know the Sabres made a coaching change there. Totally agree. If we can't replace the head coach for the playoffs, why not the power play coach. It's exactly the kind of bold move this franchise would never make.

I didn't know the Sabres made a coaching change there. Totally agree. If we can't replace the head coach for the playoffs, why not the power play coach. It's exactly the kind of bold move this franchise would never make.

Yes Brain was relived of Power Play duties earlier this season. I'm not sure if it made into the news. However, you are correct, this will never happen. I dont want Lindy gone, but i could really do without McCutcheon. Replacing him with Carbonneau would give the PP a much needed shot in the arm heading into the post.

Their big mistake was letting Scott Arniel go. But, adding a new coach this late in the season i don't think would be wise. I do hope they spend the money this summer on a new coach to lead the power play.

Seriously, Scott Arniel had a lot of... Shall we say "mediocre"?... years here as a PP coach.

He joined in 2002, and I don't recall the Sabres PP being anything special until 05-06.

From 2001/2002 through 2003/2004 they were ranked 27th, 28th and 17th respectively.

I think the Sabres PP managed to suck just as well with Arniel in charge as without him.

Their big mistake was letting Scott Arniel go. But, adding a new coach this late in the season i don't think would be wise. I do hope they spend the money this summer on a new coach to lead the power play.

I completly agree. But i should of clarified that i dont nessacarily want Carbonneau to join the team now. It wouldn't mesh right this late in the season. However if he was added in the offseason, then i think it would have full effect.

Seriously, Scott Arniel had a lot of... Shall we say "mediocre"?... years here as a PP coach.

He joined in 2002, and I don't recall the Sabres PP being anything special until 05-06.

From 2001/2002 through 2003/2004 they were ranked 27th, 28th and 17th respectively.

I think the Sabres PP managed to suck just as well with Arniel in charge as without him.

Interesting. I knew they were not elite in those years but i thought they were always like the 17th or so... which IMO would have been ok given the talent on that team. Didn't know they had those 2 horrid years. You learn something everyday... lol

Archived