Changes are needed on this team

static70

We all knew some adjustments were needed coming into this season. We all knew Darcy doesn't normally do major deals in mid season or at the deadline. But to be some what realistic here, if the organization is even half heartedly serious about any kind of possible contender status or spoiler status come playoff time, some changes are needed.

Vanek and Roy need a RWer thats worth a dam.

I don't mind the Hecht, Connolly, Pommers line, but a better LWer would be nice and Pommers needs some kind of psychiatric help, he hates all sticks and needs glasses to see the net.

The 3rd line is a disaster. Kaleta out. Goose has turned into a F*cking pylon and who exactly is the LWer on this line again?

The 4th line? Do we even have a 4th line? Are the 3rd and 4th lines interchangable?

Kennedy, the kid shows promise in a game than pulls the greatest dissappearing act since Houdini for 20 or 30 days. Great effort when I do see him.

Grier, solid guy, but to be honest, could have used the roster spot for one of the kids in Portland, same with Ellis, to get their feet wet.

Myers and Tallinder, fairly sound.

Rivet and Butler, don't get me started, Rivet lost a step and Butler never had any.

Lydman and Montador, Lydman isn't bad, but Montador, just another wasted roster spot for a kid in Portland to get his feet wet.

Miller, tired, and not going to get any better this season.

Lalime, has shown some concentration this season, but I blame Lindy, you have to play him and let him find his groove, 1 game every 15 doesn't help much.

Anything else some one want to add, change or a rebuttal?

We all knew some adjustments were needed coming into this season. We all knew Darcy doesn't normally do major deals in mid season or at the deadline. But to be some what realistic here, if the organization is even half heartedly serious about any kind of possible contender status or spoiler status come playoff time, some changes are needed.

Vanek and Roy need a RWer thats worth a dam.

I don't mind the Hecht, Connolly, Pommers line, but a better LWer would be nice and Pommers needs some kind of psychiatric help, he hates all sticks and needs glasses to see the net.

The 3rd line is a disaster. Kaleta out. Goose has turned into a F*cking pylon and who exactly is the LWer on this line again?

The 4th line? Do we even have a 4th line? Are the 3rd and 4th lines interchangable?

Kennedy, the kid shows promise in a game than pulls the greatest dissappearing act since Houdini for 20 or 30 days. Great effort when I do see him.

Grier, solid guy, but to be honest, could have used the roster spot for one of the kids in Portland, same with Ellis, to get their feet wet.

Myers and Tallinder, fairly sound.

Rivet and Butler, don't get me started, Rivet lost a step and Butler never had any.

Lydman and Montador, Lydman isn't bad, but Montador, just another wasted roster spot for a kid in Portland to get his feet wet.

Miller, tired, and not going to get any better this season.

Lalime, has shown some concentration this season, but I blame Lindy, you have to play him and let him find his groove, 1 game every 15 doesn't help much.

Anything else some one want to add, change or a rebuttal?

I dont have the time to post anything dramatic. But on said LW for Connolly/Pommer, i firmly believe that they need a Power Forward to make room and hustle for loose pucks. If i'm Darcy, i would go out and pick up a Milan Michalek or a Mike Knuble. This would make a huge impact on every line.

I believe the third line LW is the general. But this guy has yet to show he can be consistent for 3 years now.

I'm not the type of fan to go overboard after a loss, or even a losing streak, but after several plays like the Canes' OT winner, my faith and hope continue to die. The only remedy to me, is trading. Darcy isn't going to sign anyone in the offseason (well OUTSIDE of the organization that is). And he is not going to buy out Vanek. And were not drafting a star this year. The only "weapon" Darcy can use is trading. And he is even garbage at that.

So what are we left with? The same team for 3 seasons, thats showing that same signs of weakness for 3 seasons. Is this a real team? Is this really occuring? I've never seen a GM, in any sport, do this little and be praised by his superiors.

And he is not going to buy out Vanek. And were not drafting a star this year.

It would be ridiculously expensive to buy out Vanek, but if they wanted to get rid of him, they could. He's averaged about 40 goals over the last three years; someone like the Rangers would be willing to take the chance that they can get him back there.

It would be ridiculously expensive to buy out Vanek, but if they wanted to get rid of him, they could. He's averaged about 40 goals over the last three years; someone like the Rangers would be willing to take the chance that they can get him back there.

I was simply pointing out the options Regier has, and trying to use the most extreme one as a catlyst for what Darcy will never do. I by no means would want this. But Darcy doesn't do anything with this team, and i'm tired of it.

He could of signed Mike Knuble in the offseason, but that money is going toward Hecht. He decided Pomminstein is worth 5.5 million dollars. The guy hasn't been a consistent goal scorer for 2 years. Oh yeah, he also gave him a ntc. He could of signed Marc-Andre Bergeron instead of Montador, Bergeron has 20 PP points, and has almost always played well on the PP.

He doesn't even want to give away a pick as an incentive! Darcy trades for garbage and expects impossible results. 2nd round picks have high value in this league. The drop off of talent in a draft pool doesn't really begin until midway through the third round. What do we need another prospect for? Give up a pick and bring in a Vet.

Mac and a 2nd rounder for Ethan Moreau?

I have no idea if that would work for the Oilers, but i just did more than Darcy has done in the past week.

Thank you Ryan Miller for giving us a little window into the true situation of this team. It's obvious there are problems in the locker room that stem from a lack of effort and focus, something we've been complaining about here for years now. When I hear Ryan talk, all I can think is that he's using as much restraint as possible to not do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXBDbZMnL8M

Thank you Ryan Miller for giving us a little window into the true situation of this team. It's obvious there are problems in the locker room that stem from a lack of effort and focus, something we've been complaining about here for years now. When I hear Ryan talk, all I can think is that he's using as much restraint as possible to not do this:

Thanks for the laugh.. I needed that this morning!

LMAO, For all we know Ryan has done that in locker room between periods to someone on this team.

Archived