It's the turn of the New Year, you know what that means.

deluca67

Clarke MacArthur is about to go a 7 or 8 game run with a bunch of goals and points before he hibernates till spring :thumbsup:

On a more positive note :

Does Tim Kennedy have a gear other than First Gear? You look at players like Connolly, Paillie, MacArthur and Stafford and wonder why they don't have the drive this kid has.

Clarke MacArthur is about to go a 7 or 8 game run with a bunch of goals and points before he hibernates till spring :thumbsup:

Does Tim Kennedy have a gear other than First Gear? You look at players like Connolly, Paillie, MacArthur and Stafford and wonder why they don't have the drive this kid has.

Yeah I really wish Stafford had it, he would be an absolute beast for sure. :(

Agreed and an awful lot of potential material for Lindy's next benchings to send the message it's time to earn play.

One more thing a Happy and safe New Year to all sabrespace posters here.

I don't mean to put you in a sour mood right before new years eve, however Kennedy to me looks exactly like Roy did when he was first called up a few games into the 05-06 season. Full throttle every shift, hustle to every loose puck, fight off checkers hanging on his back.

The kid's playing for his roster spot every night, and he knows it.

Hopefully this will continue, after he establishes himself in the league.

Anyone else notice that when Clarke decides to kick it into gear, it's like his motor is too big for him to control? By that, I mean that during the initial kick, it's like his legs are going faster than he can get the rest of his body to go.

Like the roadrunner?

roadrunner.gif

I don't mean to put you in a sour mood right before new years eve, however Kennedy to me looks exactly like Roy did when he was first called up a few games into the 05-06 season. Full throttle every shift, hustle to every loose puck, fight off checkers hanging on his back.

The kid's playing for his roster spot every night, and he knows it.

Hopefully this will continue, after he establishes himself in the league.

That is 100% correct. I guess I just don't know what players like Connolly, Paillie, MacArthur and Stafford ever accomplished to feel they own or deserve a roster spot. You would hope the trading away of Paillie would have sent a message. It didn't, some old habits and same old routine.

As for Kennedy? With the missing tooth and straggly hair he looks like Bobby Clarke Jr. I usually don't pimp the locals, this kid may end up being the best non-cabbie robbing NHL player to come from Buffalo.

That is 100% correct. I guess I just don't know what players like Connolly, Paillie, MacArthur and Stafford ever accomplished to feel they own or deserve a roster spot. You would hope the trading away of Paillie would have sent a message. It didn't, some old habits and same old routine.

As for Kennedy? With the missing tooth and straggly hair he looks like Bobby Clarke Jr. I usually don't pimp the locals, this kid may end up being the best non-cabbie robbing NHL player to come from Buffalo.

No argument from me there.

Complacency rules supreme with some players here.

Archived