The new NHL rule of measuring sticks...

Goodfella25

If anyone watched the "shootout" postgame show the other night, Ray and Roby debated over the new NHL rule that requires every player's stick blade to be measured before a shootout. I liked the idea because I knew Jagr, Kovalchuk and others were using illegal sticks...

Well tonight Atlanta caught Jagr for an illegal stick in the overtime period. Jagirl must be a slow learner, because the game has gone to a shootout and they caught him again! So he is not allowed to shoot in the shootout. I think this is a great rule, I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts...?

These players are so talented, I cannot fathom why they'd need to use an illegal stick.

so i guess i shouldn't ask you why barry bonds used roids?

I think its a good rule to meaure sticks. Maybe they can add a suspension to that punishment.

Like everything else it seems, this too was allowed to fester for years....

Just one other thing they should really crack down on. They should allow the refs/linesmen to take a proactive stance instead of the reactive "only if caught" attitude....

So he is not allowed to shoot in the shootout. I think this is a great rule, I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts...?

I think its a bad rule. I think a player should get kicked out, and then given like a 2-3 game suspension. An illegal curve is cheating, not much different then a corked bat in a way.

They catch you cheating and nothing happens... :rolleyes: suspension all the way.

Just wait until it happens to Kotalik again (and it will), and maybe we'll all feel differently.

If it happens to Kotalik in a shootout, I would be pretty annoyed with him...you know they are going to measure it before the shootout now!! If you're using an illegal one, you are not bright.

I saw the game last night and JD who calls the Rangers games said that Jagr will face a fine from the team. Not sure how much or if he will get it twice. Also I watched as he got his second stick messured and he was yelling at the ref, it looked like he didn't agree with how he was messuring the stick. I always thought it was a straight forward thing.

Archived