Is Lindy Ruff the new Marv Levy?

SDS

they obviously don't "solely" rely on Miller to get them wins or they would have lost the past 2 games being down 3-0 each game...last time I checked Miller still had 0 goals

That would be "0 goals" the final 33+ minutes as Lalime had in the 38+ minutes against the Pens. You don't come back from a 3-0 second period hole and win 4-3 unless the goaltending shuts the door. Lalime did slam it shut and please no more of that myth BS of the shots coming for the outside or no "good shots." The Sabres did play better defensively for 95% of the third period against the Thrashes. It took a dumb penalty by Hecht to get the Thrashers going. Luckily Miller was up to the task and Myers made a tremendous play with a assist to whomever slid in front of Max to slow him down. I think it was Connolly. Looked like #19.

They didn't come back and win 7-6. Each game could have easily been 5,6-0 if not for the goaltending(full credit to Lalime and the job he has done recently. Still not ready to invest this teams playoff chances in him as a backup). In the future try not to use games where the team doesn't show up for the first 40 minutes as examples how they bailed out the goaltending.

I guess the Sabres only block shots during the crucial part of the game considering they are 24th in the league in blocked shots. Talk about seeing what you want to see.

Blocking shots was in a large part responsible for felling the D corp during the Carolina series. I'm fine with them being 24th.

Archived