Last 23 games: 5-18 with 3 OT losses

Swedesessed

The numbers do NOT lie...a putrid record...look at other backups for teams that make the playoffs...most are close to if not above .500...I am sorry but that record is unacceptable...rid ourselves of Lalime and get Enroth in here...or get another veteran somewhere, somehow.

The numbers do NOT lie...a putrid record...look at other backups for teams that make the playoffs...most are close to if not above .500...I am sorry but that record is unacceptable...rid ourselves of Lalime and get Enroth in here...or get another veteran somewhere, somehow.

I think they do know what they have in Lalime. But what, reasonably, would you give up for, say, Marty? You'll weaken the team to get a backup who can win a few more games in limited action. Ruff's going to play Miller into the ground. If Ryan stays at this elite level, the Sabres should pile up enough points to make the backup irrelevant. If he doesn't, it really doesn't matter, does it? The Sabres will miss the playoffs for almost the seventh time in 10 years. :)

Might want to check the goals for stats in those games he lost. Especially that stretch of games right after Miller was hurt last year.

Might want to check the goals for stats in those games he lost. Especially that stretch of games right after Miller was hurt last year.

Lalime's GAA for these games is WELL above 3 with a very underwhelming SV%. I do get what PA is saying about playing Miller into the ground, but Miller has not proven to stay healthy all season, at least yet. It would be a peace of mind knowing we had a decent #2 guy who can keep us at .500 if need be.

I think they do know what they have in Lalime. But what, reasonably, would you give up for, say, Marty? You'll weaken the team to get a backup who can win a few more games in limited action. Ruff's going to play Miller into the ground. If Ryan stays at this elite level, the Sabres should pile up enough points to make the backup irrelevant. If he doesn't, it really doesn't matter, does it? The Sabres will miss the playoffs for almost the seventh time in 10 years. :)

What if Long Island is willing to trade Marty for a pick or picks (not first-round picks).

I don't necessarily disagree with your points. But I vehemently disagree if anyone thinks that Lalime is the reason for the loss on Saturday, or many of the losses he played in for that matter. This current Sabres team shows up about 4 games out of 10... the other 6 games have caused them to get the reputation as "the softest team in the league". Miller bails them out sometimes and fans take that as "the Sabres played a good game". But I am absolutely shocked that a blue-collar town like Buffalo is so accepting of a team that "doesn't show up for work" more often than not. This team has talent... but is clearly the most under-performing team in the history of the Buffalo Sabre franchise... and that's both a heck of statement and an embarrassment.

That's a no-brainer!

It could happen; they're going to have a surfeit of goalies, and all teams are going to know that they don't have to give up a star, or maybe not even a current player at all, to get a solid backup. Unless some desperate team has no goaltending at all, I can't see the Islanders getting too much on the market. Maybe I'm wrong.

Lalime's GAA for these games is WELL above 3 with a very underwhelming SV%. I do get what PA is saying about playing Miller into the ground, but Miller has not proven to stay healthy all season, at least yet. It would be a peace of mind knowing we had a decent #2 guy who can keep us at .500 if need be.

I do agree with what you're saying. I would like to see Marty back. He would be good as a one game backup since he was notorious for his inconsistency. :rolleyes:

But, I think Patty is unfairly blamed for the losses (at least some of them). Look at last year, the team failed to score more than 2 goals in 2/3 of the games he played in.

This year, the team has failed to score more than two goals 7 out of 17 games with Miller in net. They have failed to score more than two in 2 of 3 games with the backups in, actually all 3 if you consider the fact we were down 5-1 until the very end of the Ottawa game which I think most would agree was not Patty's fault.

Not saying Patty should or shouldn't go, just saying he's been the scapegoat more often than he deserves.

Archived