Overdone Speculation

Allan in MD

All this talk about Bertuzzi, Roenick, Jovo, Pinocchio is a bit ridiculous. The Sabres should not be doing anything that might significantly effect the chemistry of this team. Our only real need is another solid defenseman (having to count on Fitzpatrick continues to scare me). If we can trade a goalie for one, great. Otherwise, leave this team alone. If the Sabres are lucky enough to go into the playoffs healthy, every other team in the mix will be concerned, as they should be.

That said, the only forward I would really reach for, if he really is available, is Jokinnen. I love the guy. But, again, I wouldn't appreciably mess up our current mix going after him.

All this talk about Bertuzzi, Roenick, Jovo, Pinocchio is a bit ridiculous. The Sabres should not be doing anything that might significantly effect the chemistry of this team. Our only real need is another solid defenseman (having to count on Fitzpatrick continues to scare me). If we can trade a goalie for one, great. Otherwise, leave this team alone. If the Sabres are lucky enough to go into the playoffs healthy, every other team in the mix will be concerned, as they should be.

That said, the only forward I would really reach for, if he really is available, is Jokinnen. I love the guy. But, again, I wouldn't appreciably mess up our current mix going after him.

You don't have to worry about Fitz, once Kalinin comes back shortly.

You don't have to worry about Fitz, once Kalinin comes back shortly.

Month and a half to playoffs, hopefully month and a half in playoffs. That is a long time to go without having any D-man get injured nor resting Teppo. I would really like to see at least 1 more top 6 (preferably top 4) D-man on this roster before Friday.

Archived