Can Someone Do A Cap Analysis For Us?

bob_sauve28

Wow, in other words we are pretty much stuck with what we got :death:

Oh, and thanks Carp :beer:

Yup. Trading Tallinder and/or Lydman might help with next year, but the only real way for a change is to find someone to take Hecht (or one of the "core" players: Pominville, Vanek, Roy or Connolly.)

Yup. Trading Tallinder and/or Lydman might help with next year, but the only real way for a change is to find someone to take Hecht (or one of the "core" players: Pominville, Vanek, Roy or Connolly.)

Anyone remember Mogilny for Peca, Wilson and a first rounder (McKee). Great things can happen when you realize you're retooling.

Put this in the other thread.

Sound right?

Without an expanded budget it's tight.

Freed up money from Vanek Kotalik and Max 7.6 million. Taken away with Pommer, Timmay, Goose and Miller 7.68 million.

Then you've got nine guys to sign or not. Spach, Teppo, Ellis, Peters, Stafford, Moore, General, Kaleta, and Sekera. All with about 10 million to spend.

If you did sign these guys for market, I'd estimate 14 million total (not saying I would bring them all back)

I still say, get rid of

1) Hecht, 3.433 average pay over the next 3 years, 3.8 next year, but a cap hit of 3.5 may help some of these teams that are close to the cap but have the money to spend

2) Mac or Moore. I'd keep Moore over Mac, more spunk, more aggressive, plays the system and plays well with Goose. Mac is RFA so we'll see what offers we get. If you sign Moore and get some picks for Mac, all the better.

3) Sekera, I like his game, but again, wait and see what RFA offers come in and brings to the team.

Spach is still worth some money IMHO, if you look at the numbers for guys like Rozsival and maybe Witt who are getting 4.3 and 3, at age 29 and 33, respectively, Spach has more points than Rozsival, but Spach is older, so I'd go 2 years 3.2 per.

Sign Teppo, Ellis and Peters for 2 million collectively (what the hell?)

Sign Stafford for Staal or Erat money at 3 million

Now you have 9 million left to buy a good D-man and a vet forward.

Vanek, Connolly, Stafford

VET ,Roy Pominville

Paille, Goose, Moore

Ellis, Mair, Kaleta

(Gerbe, et all)

VET, Rivet

Butler, Spacek

Teppo, Weber

Lydman+Tallinder, meh, package worthy.

("in the system" guys and Patches)

Miller

LaLime (who could be done for his career if he doesn't heal)

2) Mac or Moore. I'd keep Moore over Mac, more spunk, more aggressive, plays the system and plays well with Goose. Mac is RFA so we'll see what offers we get. If you sign Moore and get some picks for Mac, all the better.

Moore was looking for $2.5 million per from Toronto and turned down a reported $2 million per offer. No way that Mac gets close to that, so that might be the deciding factor before any other discussion.

Archived