Shots Blocked

SwampD

Vanek's play last night just summed up the Sabres' entire season for me. I know they keep stats on blocked shots, but they really need to keep stats on shots blocked. I have to believe that the Sabres would lead the league in this catagory(with Pominville leading the team).

Vanek's play last night just summed up the Sabres' entire season for me. I know they keep stats on blocked shots, but they really need to keep stats on shots blocked. I have to believe that the Sabres would lead the league in this catagory(with Pominville leading the team).

Not sure about blocked shots but 26% of the shots taken by the Sabres never make it on net.

Before your panties get in a bunch, compare to Detroit at 26% or Bruins at 27%. Although we have like 500 less shots than Detroit and 200 less than Boston.

Player % of total shots missing net

Gragnani 40.0%

Dominic Moore 33.8%

Adam Mair 33.3%

Mike Weber 33.3%

Patrick Kaleta 32.7%

Chris Butler 32.6%

Craig Rivet 32.3%

Daniel Paille 30.8%

Henrik Tallinder 29.2%

Thomas Vanek 29.0%

Afinogenov 28.3%

Spacek 27.7%

Mark Mancari 27.6%

Derek Roy 26.3%

Paul Gaustad 25.3%

Jason Pominville 24.9%

Tim Connolly 24.8%

Toni Lydman 24.2%

Nathan Paetsch 24.0%

Andrej Sekera 23.5%

Andrew Peters 23.1%

Jochen Hecht 22.7%

MacArthur 21.7%

Matt Ellis 21.0%

Nathan Gerbe 20.0%

Drew Stafford 19.2%

Teppo 15.4%

Tim Kennedy 0.0%

Not sure about blocked shots but 26% of the shots taken by the Sabres never make it on net.

Before your panties get in a bunch, compare to Detroit at 26% or Bruins at 27%. Although we have like 500 less shots than Detroit and 200 less than Boston.

Player % of total shots missing net

Gragnani 40.0%

Dominic Moore 33.8%

Adam Mair 33.3%

Mike Weber 33.3%

Patrick Kaleta 32.7%

Chris Butler 32.6%

Craig Rivet 32.3%

Daniel Paille 30.8%

Henrik Tallinder 29.2%

Thomas Vanek 29.0%

Afinogenov 28.3%

Spacek 27.7%

Mark Mancari 27.6%

Derek Roy 26.3%

Paul Gaustad 25.3%

Jason Pominville 24.9%

Tim Connolly 24.8%

Toni Lydman 24.2%

Nathan Paetsch 24.0%

Andrej Sekera 23.5%

Andrew Peters 23.1%

Jochen Hecht 22.7%

MacArthur 21.7%

Matt Ellis 21.0%

Nathan Gerbe 20.0%

Drew Stafford 19.2%

Teppo 15.4%

Tim Kennedy 0.0%

Where did you get this? I want to see if the stats go back a few years. I'd like to see Zhitnik's percentages of shots that missed the net and shots that missed the entire arena.

I didn't even think about shots missing the net, but it seems like they've been doing that more lately as well. Probably a function of them holding the sticks a little too tight.

Where did you get this? I want to see if the stats go back a few years. I'd like to see Zhitnik's percentages of shots that missed the net and shots that missed the entire arena.

They didn't start keeping stats for hits/blocked shots/missed shots/giveaway/takeaway until the 2002-03 season. So who knows what Zhitnik's % was in the 90's. In 02-03 he was 18% missed. 34% in 06-07, 36% in 07-08 with Atlanta. Seemed a LOT more than that.

Shots blocked must be somewhere. Add up all the Sabres games opponents blocks shots I guess. Then you'd have to compare that to other teams to see if 'we' are off or not.

They didn't start keeping stats for hits/blocked shots/missed shots/giveaway/takeaway until the 2002-03 season. So who knows what Zhitnik's % was in the 90's. In 02-03 he was 18% missed. 34% in 06-07, 36% in 07-08 with Atlanta. Seemed a LOT more than that.

Shots blocked must be somewhere. Add up all the Sabres games opponents blocks shots I guess. Then you'd have to compare that to other teams to see if 'we' are off or not.

Does a shot that gets blocked count as a missed shot?

:lol: I always think of Zhitnik when a shot goes completely wild on EA NHL 09.

Archived