Miller back

spndnchz

Hmm ... I was torn on this one. On the one hand, I want Miller back as soon as possible. On the other hand, having a goaltender play two nights in a row, especially one coming off of an injury may not be the best idea and Saturday's game is huge. Of course, it won't matter unless we win tonight and Friday, so I don't know. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, I guess. Either way, glad to have Miller back.

Lindy might use Lalime or Tellqvist in Montreal if Miller isn't ready for that. But, being 7 points back already is too much to overcome in just 10 games. I think we're toast. It will be interesting who will be backing up Miller though. I would think it would be Lalime but you never know.

i'll be honest: i've gone into offseason/watch some of the playoffs mode -- sort of a "wake me up, when september begins" kind of thing (not that some interesting stuff won't happen in the offseason).

if this team by some miracle were to make the playoffs, you'd be able to push me over with a feather (and i'd be laughing giddily as i fell).

as i said when we fell out of the race last season, one of the things i mourn when the team's season is over is that there's less chatter on this board.

But, being 7 points back already is too much to overcome in just 10 games.

I agree that chances are very small, but don't forget that tonight is a game-in-hand against the Habs and we have the head-to-head Saturday. If we win those two games (a big if), we are just 3 behind with 8 other games for each (including the Toronto game in between) and we would have the head-to-head tie-breaker (which we would need one more win to force, so we couldn't just have three OT losses to their three regulation losses), which is certainly doable. For example, in those 8, we could go 5-1-2, while they go 4-3-1, or we could go 6-1-1, while they go 5-3-0. With the way that the Canadiens (and Florida) are playing, those records for them are certainly possible, so it would all come down to the Sabres being able to go on a big run.

I'd say that the chances are maybe 10%, but it's not quite as bad as it seems. The Sabres, Panthers and Canadiens have all be playing like they don't want that 8th spot, leaving the smallest sliver of hope for the Sabres. Of course, I'd say that it's far more likely that we end up 12th in the conference and as low as 24th in the league.

Archived