The sad/crazy part about this dismal stretch

Swedesessed

For as bad as things have been over the last month (no reason to re-hash what has happened) IF the Sabres can win the next 3 games, and in regulation against Montreal and Florida....and couple that with a probable Miller return around that time...the Sabres are right back in it.

I know some of us here are very frustrated with what has transpired over the last 2 years, and I have been guilty of 'rooting for them to lose' to get a better draft position, but with these 2 games on the schedule, there IS a chance IF they can find a way this week.

Ill root until we lose to either Florida or Montreal this week. After that, NHL Draft onward and forward (hopefully WITHOUT Regier!)

For as bad as things have been over the last month (no reason to re-hash what has happened) IF the Sabres can win the next 3 games, and in regulation against Montreal and Florida....and couple that with a probable Miller return around that time...the Sabres are right back in it.

I know some of us here are very frustrated with what has transpired over the last 2 years, and I have been guilty of 'rooting for them to lose' to get a better draft position, but with these 2 games on the schedule, there IS a chance IF they can find a way this week.

Ill root until we lose to either Florida or Montreal this week. After that, NHL Draft onward and forward (hopefully WITHOUT Regier!)

I had the exact thoughts today as I was reading the sports page. I had kind of accepted the fact that there would be no playoff drama in my life for a second year in a row (sucks, but maybe a good thing for my job and family...if I have to find a silver lining). But when I re-checked the standings and schedule, there was a "Hey..wait a minute...."

um miller needs to start WEDNESDAY and no later. i dont care if he's "tender" or if its risking another injury. if the sabres want to make playoffs Miller needs to play, that is that. i'm not a doctor but i assume a month old high ankle sprain can, at worse, lead to a re-sprain. I don't think he's risking his career by playing.

um miller needs to start WEDNESDAY and no later. i dont care if he's "tender" or if its risking another injury. if the sabres want to make playoffs Miller needs to play, that is that. i'm not a doctor but i assume a month old high ankle sprain can, at worse, lead to a re-sprain. I don't think he's risking his career by playing.

And the rest of the team needs to stop standing around.

I noticed a lot of people are complaining that our forwards are too deep in our zone?

Well for a team that supposedly are so bent on their forwards playing D that they never get a sniff of an odd-man rush, has anyone noticed just how many 3 on 2's we give up?

It's not just that our forwards are deep, they're LATE!

Late when backchecking, late when coming forward, late going to the corners, always two steps behind. It needs to change in a bad way.

Naslund's goal the other day was perfect example of lazy backchecking. Only MacArthur made an effort to catch his man.

That's the most important word in this post.

That's the most important word in this post.

That has been the most important word of the season.

IF they do good in January

IF they keep it up in February

IF Lalime can go .500 with Miller out

IF they make a splash on trade deadline day

IF the offense would show up

Archived