Nostalgia

gilbert11

Just make the slab of ice bigger... Longer and wider to adjust to all the skill and tecnological changes!

:nana:

There is a reason why back in the stone age the Ottawa team was called the "Silver Seven"... Because, 7 (6 skaters) players were on the ice.

Either that (above: ice larger) or just play 5 on 5 (4 skaters)

The owners would love to change to 5 on 5 since they could then cut the payroll by 4 players. The NHLPA is never going to let that happen.

Money, the same reason we will never see larger ice surface in the NHL. Besides, larger ice surfaces don't seem to increase the number of scoring chances in Europe and Asia.

The owners would love to change to 5 on 5 since they could then cut the payroll by 4 players. The NHLPA is never going to let that happen.

I once played around with an idea for "speed hockey" that would be played on a smaller rink, but with three skaters per side and a goalie with smaller pads. Here was a rough sketch of the rink:

post-1053-1233337878_thumbjpg

I once played around with an idea for "speed hockey" that would be played on a smaller rink, but with three skaters per side and a goalie with smaller pads. Here was a rough sketch of the rink:

post-1053-1233337878_thumbjpg

That would be cool!

IMO, hockey is handicapped and can defensively manipulated by the phyiscal parameters of the game today.

I want to see it more like indoor lacrosse... 18-12 scores!

:chris:

Get rid of offsides and you will get scores in double digits all the time. If you have Vanek skating around the net already when the team is making a break out of their zone it will be difficult to have a neutral zone trap going on.

Of course coaches learn quickly how to defeat any scoring improvement the league comes up with.

Get rid of offsides and you will get scores in double digits all the time. If you have Vanek skating around the net already when the team is making a break out of their zone it will be difficult to have a neutral zone trap going on.

Of course coaches learn quickly how to defeat any scoring improvement the league comes up with.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Maybe not with this one you suggested... It would take "cherry picking" to a new level!

IMO, basketball doesn't need an "illegal defense" call (which has been eliminated)... But, hockey DOES!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Maybe not with this one you suggested... It would take "cherry picking" to a new level!

IMO, basketball doesn't need an "illegal defense" call (which has been eliminated)... But, hockey DOES!

I think you would see Mario Lemieux come out of retirement!

Archived