A couple of notes on Crosby from HNiC...

LabattBlue

The original poster must not have watched Coaches Corner because Donny Cherry talked about it and basically said McLean deserved it. On that face-off, McLean slew footed him quote]

I'm at work, so i can't watch it, but i don't recall him slew footing him on that faceoff, was it another one during the game? I could be mistaken though

I'm at work, so i can't watch it, but i don't recall him slew footing him on that faceoff, was it another one during the game? I could be mistaken though

There is a link to it in the thread that Ink just posted (about halfway down the first page) for when you get home. It must have been another faceoff because McLean didn't even have time to slew foot him on that one. Crosby was on him instantly.

There is a link to it in the thread that Ink just posted (about halfway down the first page) for when you get home. It must have been another faceoff because McLean didn't even have time to slew foot him on that one. Crosby was on him instantly.

That's what i was thinking, cause i didn't recall seeing it on that face off, however i still think it's a punk move by Crosby to jump a guy while the other guy is squaring up for a faceoff, i mean at least wait till he stands up to pummel him

That's what i was thinking, cause i didn't recall seeing it on that face off, however i still think it's a punk move by Crosby to jump a guy while the other guy is squaring up for a faceoff, i mean at least wait till he stands up to pummel him

It is a punk move by Crosby but wasn't the slew foot a punk move by McLean? (In Coach's Corner, Cherry says slew foot so it might have been on a previous face off) I agree that Sid "The Golden Boy" Crosby gets away with a lot but in every sport the stars get away with things. Do two punk moves make a right? Could Crosby challenge McLean a different way? Sure but Sid was fed up and took it out on McLean. I think McLean could have fought back but decided to turtle. I am tired of these instigator types (Neil, Avery, Kaleta) running around taking marginal shots at players but when they get challenged they turtle. A great book to read is "The Code". It explains a lot of the behind the scenes things to fighting. After reading that and watching hockey now, you see why and when guys fight and have a better understanding of the situation. I think these instigator types violate "The Code."

Either way, if Pittsburgh had any kind of enforcer or tough guy, they could handle the situation allowing the playmakers to make plays. I enjoy when Iginila and Lucic fight but they are good players too. It does their team no good of they get into a fight and break their hand punching some punk in the head. That is the job of the so called goons.

It is a punk move by Crosby but wasn't the slew foot a punk move by McLean? (In Coach's Corner, Cherry says slew foot so it might have been on a previous face off) I agree that Sid "The Golden Boy" Crosby gets away with a lot but in every sport the stars get away with things. Do two punk moves make a right? Could Crosby challenge McLean a different way? Sure but Sid was fed up and took it out on McLean. I think McLean could have fought back but decided to turtle. I am tired of these instigator types (Neil, Avery, Kaleta) running around taking marginal shots at players but when they get challenged they turtle. A great book to read is "The Code". It explains a lot of the behind the scenes things to fighting. After reading that and watching hockey now, you see why and when guys fight and have a better understanding of the situation. I think these instigator types violate "The Code."

Either way, if Pittsburgh had any kind of enforcer or tough guy, they could handle the situation allowing the playmakers to make plays. I enjoy when Iginila and Lucic fight but they are good players too. It does their team no good of they get into a fight and break their hand punching some punk in the head. That is the job of the so called goons.

I'm not doubting it, if he did slew foot him then yea he should be willing to fight, but my point is, if you are gonna fight, don't wait till the guy is bent over for a face off, grab him when you are both standing and beat the crap out of him. Two wrongs don't make a right, but if you are going to fight, man up and do it when the guy is looking at you, not waiting to try and win a faceoff.

BTW, the Pens/Thrashers game is tonight - the first meeting since Crosby did his junk-punching routine on Valabik. The Thrashers may look to mix it up too, since they can't put the puck in the net, and their sole goal scorer this year (Little) is likely not playing.

I'm not doubting it, if he did slew foot him then yea he should be willing to fight, but my point is, if you are gonna fight, don't wait till the guy is bent over for a face off, grab him when you are both standing and beat the crap out of him. Two wrongs don't make a right, but if you are going to fight, man up and do it when the guy is looking at you, not waiting to try and win a faceoff.

Sid might be a symptom of the disease. It seems there's more fights now than maybe ever before. There's too much of the sneaky Euro fighting stuff going on now. Sucker punches especially, beating on people when they're already down, turtling, biting, eye-gouging, stuff like that. Hitting from behind. Maybe it's a character flaw in today's player that they won't square up and fight like a man.

Archived