Canadian anthem last night

LabattBlue

I don't know who the guy was signing the anthems last night, but he butchered the Canadian anthem last night. He messed up the words at least several times. There were a few cat calls, but he was on the verge of widespread booing. :lol:

We all 'know' the words from the 1000's of games we've watched, but could we sing it in front of 18690? Add to that the delay from the microphone, and it would be quite easy to mess up. I'm not even Canadian, and I really like their anthem. Probably because it oozes hockey to me!

Official Lyrics of O Canada!

O Canada!

Our home and native land!

True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,

The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,

O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!

Oh Canada and .mp3

We all 'know' the words from the 1000's of games we've watched, but could we sing it in front of 18690? Add to that the delay from the microphone, and it would be quite easy to mess up. I'm not even Canadian, and I really like their anthem. Probably because it oozes hockey to me!

Official Lyrics of O Canada!

O Canada!

Our home and native land!

True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,

The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,

God keep our land glorious and free!

Oh Canada and .mp3

yes thats surprising considering our anthem is quite a bit easier and shorter then the US one... oh well... can't expect them to be perfect everytime.

Can anyone tell me why O Canada is played before a game involving two American teams?

Because Buffalo is on the Canadian border, a large percentage of fans come from Canada, typically a large percentage of the players on the ice are Canadian, and it is a classy thing to do.

Oh Canada and .mp3

I'm sure it isn't easy to do, but in all my years of attending events at the Aud & HSBC, I've never heard anybody butcher an anthem this badly.

Archived