Sabres almost fully healthy?

eball

Nice to see Rivet back in action. Any word on Jochen's status?

What a bounceback -- 2 shutouts after laying a couple of eggs.

I thought I heard that Hecht may be back Friday.

Maybe just for Karma's sake, no one should mention the relative status of the general well being of those in question if you get my drift.

http://www.buffalonews.com/opinions/column...ory/483558.html

Veteran center Jochen Hecht (finger) is expected to return Friday night against the Atlanta Thrashers after missing the last 10 games. He tested the injury during the morning skate Monday and felt limited pain.

?I can?t do any more bag skates,? Hecht said. ?I have to practice. I just want to get back in the lineup and play. It?s been three weeks now. You miss playing.?

For Karma's sake, I'm not counting on Hecht being there Friday; just passing along a quote.

Maybe just for Karma's sake, no one should mention the relative status of the general well being of those in question if you get my drift.

Amen to that one. Unless saying amen clashes with karma.

But on that note, I know it's been discussed eslewhere, but who gets shipped out of town? My money's on Ellis, but I wouldn't be shocked if one of the waiver-free kids gets sent down.

But on that note, I know it's been discussed eslewhere, but who gets shipped out of town? My money's on Ellis, but I wouldn't be shocked if one of the waiver-free kids gets sent down.

Can anyone confirm whether Stafford can be sent down without clearing waivers? Someone posted that in another thread. It doesn't seem right, but if true, I can see it happening.

Can anyone confirm whether Stafford can be sent down without clearing waivers? Someone posted that in another thread. It doesn't seem right, but if true, I can see it happening.

He was 20 years old the on Sept. 15th of the year he signed his first contract, so his limits for waiver eligibility are 160 games or 3 seasons as a pro. Since he's in his 3rd season and is somewhere around the 130 game mark (playoff games count too), he should be exempt from waivers, unless there is something I'm missing here.

He was 20 years old the on Sept. 15th of the year he signed his first contract, so his limits for waiver eligibility are 160 games or 3 seasons as a pro. Since he's in his 3rd season and is somewhere around the 130 game mark (playoff games count too), he should be exempt from waivers, unless there is something I'm missing here.

Thanks. In that case, I'd send him down. MacArthur and Paille have outplayed him, and for that matter so has Kaleta. I suppose they could just waive Ellis and make Stafford a healthy scratch, but I'd rather have Stafford getting ice time (and hopefully motivation) in Portland.

Nice to see Rivet back in action. Any word on Jochen's status?

What a bounceback -- 2 shutouts after laying a couple of eggs.

I feel the bounceback for Ryan is huge. Both 'tenders were left hung out to dry for both games, but regardless, there were soft goals against Tampa and coming back strong is an excellent sign.

Archived