What a way to open a game!

FogBat

Evil is going to be whatever side is against yours regardless of your side. That's why I steer clear of discussing politics as much as possible. If you're a Rep. Obama will ruin this country. If you're a Dem. McCain is the worst thing the county can do. Plain and simple. There are few Ind. thinkers that look at both sides and vote on that account. The point is, I would argue many younger voters have no idea what either canidate stand for. Which leads them to vote for "Obama" because it's a treandier vote. Likewise, there are voters who vote for McCain who have no idea what he stands for only that he's Rep. It's a moot point all the way around. The argumetns go round and round with no headway being made. The only advice I can give to someone is know WHY you want to vote for someone over the other, not because it's the "hip" thing to do. THAT is what will lead us to disaster. Regardless of who you are voting for.

Well said! Part of the problem is neither candidate says anything of substance. It's all personal attacks and voters can not make informed decisions.

The only reason it has become "trendy" to vote Democrate is because the past 8 years were run by Republicans, and most don't see the past 8 years as "good times" for your country so they feel that change is needed, cause the last time the Dems had control, the biggest national issue (or atleast the issue that made the biggest headlines) was if your leader lied about getting some under his desk in his office.

Also its the difference between the candidates. McCain comes accross as the rich old man who is going to help out his rich buddies to keep them rich. People think of him as being too old and not with the times. Obama is younger, and more "with the times" and has a calmingway about talking about things (atleast thats my impression). He doesn't seem like a rich guy who is going to just help the rich, he seems like someone more like the general public.

The biggest things to worry about are the people who vote only because of the party and not by who would do a better job. Another thing to worry about are the people that are going to vote for one side because of sex/race. The people that will vote democrate because Obama is a black man, or vote republican cause palin is a woman. Thats what makes voting for a leader scary.

But for everyone that says Obama has no experience, what kind of experience does Palin have? Also, what kind of experience do you really need to do the job? If Bush could do it.....................

I will miss that guy though, where are the late night shows going to get their comedy material from?

i understand the need for this OT stuff in the summer - but, sweet baby jesus, it's opening night for the good guys.

go sabres.

/burned out on 24-hours "news" and "opinion" re: the election and economy.

Amen.

My goodness!

This was meant to be a "fun" event, and all I see from most of you guys is mean and hateful spite. Just absolutely pathetic and shameful. Exposes your true colors as well.

Enough already. Everyone knows where you stand. You're in everyone's face with it, all the time. Please stop with the political threads, posts, avatars, etc.

Political discussions, by definition, aren't "fun". They are about people's core beliefs. Every GD time you start this, it immediately triggers a bunch of overheated rhetoric. It shouldn't be a surprise.

If you want to talk about it, take it to the PPP board on TBD.

I understand and agree. However, our country is in tense times and with volatile times it makes the election more volatile for people. I knew when I saw your post what was going to happen and it did. I was in class last night and the same thing happened. The discussion (in an elementary teaching diversity class) turned to the election somehow and everyone gets all fired up. It's just going to happen until Novemeber anytime the topic is approached. I also agree for Pete's sake it's opening night!!! Go Sabres!

And the new guy nails it. Please keep 'em coming.

Archived