If you were Lindy...

PromoTheRobot

Sabres restart the season Wednesday with a game agaist Atlanta, before back-to-back games against Toronto and Boston. Would you give Drury, Afinigenov, Lyndman, etc. an extra game to rest up? I think I would. Not that the Trashers are an easy game, but the Sabres subs have been pretty effective.

We should all be glad none of our guys got injured. How does Ottawa and New York feel about the Olympics right now?

PTR

Sabres restart the season Wednesday with a game agaist Atlanta, before back-to-back games against Toronto and Boston. Would you give Drury, Afinigenov, Lyndman, etc. an extra game to rest up? I think I would. Not that the Trashers are an easy game, but the Sabres subs have been pretty effective.

We should all be glad none of our guys got injured. How does Ottawa and New York feel about the Olympics right now?

PTR

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Rest them Monday and Tuesday if you have to, then get them into the morning skate Wednesday and suit them up for the game. Why would you possibly want to sit all of these guys, they're professional athletes, they don't need a week of rest. No game down the stretch should be taken forgranted, we haven't clinched anything yet.

I think you have to treat them differently. They have been playing different schedules. While Teppo and Toni just finished playing, it has alreadyy been a few days since Drury played. I'll admit they each have a long trip back. I'd be interested to know when each came back. Frankly, as a professional athlete making millions Drury owed it to the organization to come back promptly after the US was eliminated.

I would be concerned about the guys who haven't played in two weeks. With the game so early today and the time difference where they gain like six hours. They should be well rested by the drop of the puck against the Thrashers.

For the first week of games I would pair Lydman and Teppo. They won't have any rust to knock off and would be a steady force while the rest of the team finds their legs.

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Rest them Monday and Tuesday if you have to, then get them into the morning skate Wednesday and suit them up for the game. Why would you possibly want to sit all of these guys, they're professional athletes, they don't need a week of rest. No game down the stretch should be taken forgranted, we haven't clinched anything yet.

Yes, they are professional athletes...not robots! I suppose you would pitch your ace everyday? There's a lot of hockey left to play. Part of good coaching is knowing who needs a rest, and when to give it to them. Saying professional athletes don't need rest is the dumbest thing I've ever heard!

PTR

I bet Kotalik and Max arrived in Buffalo sometime Sunday.

Lydman and Numminen will be tired, but theres 2 days til the next game. And if we rest them, who are we gonna play? Doug Janik and Nathan Peatch? lol pleaaaaaaaase.

A bit early to toss Peatch on the scrap heap. He's 23 and 8th in the AHL as far scoring blueliners go. I'd like to see the kid get a good look this season before going out and trading for someone. :)

Archived