[OT] CONGRATS US MENS ROWING TEAM

Corp000085

They just won the bronze medal. Buffalo native, friend of mine, and GIGANTIC sabres fan, Steven Coppola is a member of that team. Canada won the gold, UK won silver ( think... it's still too early in the morning to actually process what I watched).

The US women eight won the gold by the way.

I've watched the rowing events that I could, but it's a little obscure of a sport to show during the main coverage. Great job by the Americans!

I started rowing fours at a really great summer camp in NH, then moved up to eights at Cornell. Absolutely loved racing, but destroyed my knees running up and down to the boat house (Ithaca, for anyone who hasn't been there, is all hills.) To this day, though, my main source of cardiovascular exercise is my trusty ergometer. Great workout and low impact (as long as your machine isn't a mile away down hill. ;) )

And of course, props to the Gold Medalists from Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Speaking of Canada, it's about time they started showing up. They didn't even have a single medal until day 8. (No, this is not me dissing Canada. I pull for them right behind USA).

Speaking of Canada, it's about time they started showing up. They didn't even have a single medal until day 8. (No, this is not me dissing Canada. I pull for them right behind USA).

we most definitely had a slow start to the games, but we are now ahead of our total from the complete Athens games, so it's turning out to be a success after all. 13 as I type this. But we all know Winter is our game!!

Archived