[OT] Madden 09

frisky

So this is completely non-hockey related as you can see from the title. So, I got Madden 09 for the PS3 and this is the first version of Madden I've played on the next gen consoles. I've been playing with the PS2 version previous to this year. I have a question on camera views. Are there only 2 camera views that you can choose from? The Classic and Action Cam? I also have a old tube TV and not one of those 16:9 type flat screen new fangled things. But, the gripe I have is that I can't see my receivers. Before the snap, I can see tackle to tackle basically. I like being able to see all the players. So, is there a view available like in the PS2 versions? I'm also having a hard time on the other side of the ball. Like if I want to play the corner, I can't see my guy. Any tips can help. I got frustrated with it yesterday.

Here's the hockey connection...I think NHL is better so far in terms of playability. Plus, since no Pominville news, I thought I'd try and see if there are any other Madden people who could help.

At least on my 4:3 vacuum tube TV, I tried using both Action and Classic. Not much help for me. I just not sure why they don't have more camera views. NHL still has all the views on the PS3 and Xbox 360. I have a hard time tackling in that skill test thing case it's always from the offensive side and he looks so far away. At least with the Long Madden view in the PS2 version, the angle is higher so your perspective isn't as shallow.

At least on my 4:3 vacuum tube TV, I tried using both Action and Classic. Not much help for me. I just not sure why they don't have more camera views. NHL still has all the views on the PS3 and Xbox 360. I have a hard time tackling in that skill test thing case it's always from the offensive side and he looks so far away. At least with the Long Madden view in the PS2 version, the angle is higher so your perspective isn't as shallow.

oh, that was too easy.

I was playing last night. On PS3 press L2 before the snap, it zooms out. I'm pretty sure I was able to snap from this view....

I have found the same problem, I believe you can change camera views and it will fix the issue thats what Im gonna try when I get home. I found this year of Madden to be a let down from last year.

Your joking right?........Last years game was a disgrace, the O-line was terrible and 3 man d-line could be in the back field before the Qb could hand off on dive plays. This years game is pretty damn good.

Your joking right?........Last years game was a disgrace, the O-line was terrible and 3 man d-line could be in the back field before the Qb could hand off on dive plays. This years game is pretty damn good.

I am serious. If you where able to get into the back field with a 3 man line then you should have moved up the level to all madden then and if that was still too easy for you move up the level of the O line. After playing again last night it was a little better however I have a major issue in the pick a play box that is so small I can't see a damn thing. Also I am not a fan of how they changed what each button does and you can't adjust it back to what it used to be. The game runs smoother now (maybe cause Im on PS3) and the AI is crazy good at learning what you do well. I would give this years game a C unless there is a way to get the old school play choice back or at least get it big enough that I don't need to be 5 feet from the TV.

Oh BTW the stupid QB cone is GONE! that was what kept me from playing all madden last year.

Perhaps I should have splurged for the one with variable settings.

Did they ditch the QB vision thing?

Yeah gone...

Also quick tip... Quick Start and Online game and it'll automatically download the update which puts Favre in the game on the Jets and I think makes all the other big roster moves... (Taylor to Redskins, Pennington to Phins etc.)

edit: didn't see you got the PS3 version, it probably did it for you

Yeah gone...

Also quick tip... Quick Start and Online game and it'll automatically download the update which puts Favre in the game on the Jets and I think makes all the other big roster moves... (Taylor to Redskins, Pennington to Phins etc.)

edit: didn't see you got the PS3 version, it probably did it for you

I haven't gotten this update yet on the PS3 thats for the hint Ill see if it works.

I am serious. If you where able to get into the back field with a 3 man line then you should have moved up the level to all madden then and if that was still too easy for you move up the level of the O line. After playing again last night it was a little better however I have a major issue in the pick a play box that is so small I can't see a damn thing. Also I am not a fan of how they changed what each button does and you can't adjust it back to what it used to be. The game runs smoother now (maybe cause Im on PS3) and the AI is crazy good at learning what you do well. I would give this years game a C unless there is a way to get the old school play choice back or at least get it big enough that I don't need to be 5 feet from the TV.

Oh BTW the stupid QB cone is GONE! that was what kept me from playing all madden last year.

Dude I played every game on All-Madden last year, all you had to to is pinch the D-line and then crash them inwards and you would get instant pressure..........I play the game on-line so you tend to see more flaws in the game that way, as players can expose weak AI and glitches in the game.......Last years game had to many to even try to mention, 30 FPS, players skated and lag was bad, even more so online........This years game will test you on all-pro, I haven't moved up to all-madden yet, which I usually do about a week after the game comes out.

Archived