Sabres sign Darche

outlaw16511

If I ever see Jabba the Donner, I'm punching all of his chins.

:w00t: :lol: :thumbsup:

Inky, that was just classic!

Now, can someone help me with the following scenario? If Donner is anathema in Rochester, who is anathema in Bflo?

However, I have to wonder why we still don't have a decent centerman. I thought DeLuca would have been all over this signing by now.

Now, can someone help me with the following scenario? If Donner is anathema in Rochester, who is anathema in Bflo?

However, I have to wonder why we still don't have a decent centerman. I thought DeLuca would have been all over this signing by now.

I'd vote for Quinny...

Someone please tell me that this contract is 2-way. Yahoo's article makes it sound like he's going to be a regular part of the team and consensus seems to be that, that is not going to happen.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-s...p&type=lgns

Not sure if they updated the article you linked since you read it but here it is:

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP)?Journeyman minor league left winger Mathieu Darche signed a one-year, $575,000 contract with the Buffalo Sabres on Thursday.

Darche, 31, was an unrestricted free agent, who had a career-high 22 points (seven goals, 15 assists) in 73 games with Tampa Bay last season. He has spent most of his career in the American Hockey League since breaking into the NHL as an undrafted free agent with Columbus in 2000. Darche also played for Nashville and San Jose.

The Sabres are well-stocked at forward and are expected to have Darche open this season with their new AHL affiliate in Portland, Maine.

Someone has to play in Portland. I consider this move separate from what the Sabres are trying to do at the NHL level. I would guess there will be similar signings of players with NHL experience that have little to no hope of playing with the Sabres during the regular season. If it comes to the point where the Sabres are dressing Darche it would mean that something went horribly wrong with the Sabres this season.

Someone has to play in Portland. I consider this move separate from what the Sabres are trying to do at the NHL level. I would guess there will be similar signings of players with NHL experience that have little to no hope of playing with the Sabres during the regular season. If it comes to the point where the Sabres are dressing Darche it would mean that something went horribly wrong with the Sabres this season.

Is having Darche play left wing on a line with Mair and Kaleta really "horribly" worse then Peters or MacArthur?

Is having Darche play left wing on a line with Mair and Kaleta really "horribly" worse then Peters or MacArthur?

I see Darche along the same lines as Peters or Macarthur. If they end up in the lineup that means someone of importance was injured and/or Max was benched. I'm sure Darche is a nice kid and I wish him the best in Portland. I just don't see him as anything other than the Pirates have a bunch of uniforms and the Sabres need to fill them.

Archived