Radulov suspended...

bottlecap

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=243662&amp...os=topStory_nhl

It seems when really good or great players are traded to Buffalo, it's kind of a "punishment" for them

not living up to standards. I know this would seem to be the case with Drury and Briere. Funny

thing is they end up loving the hockey atmosphere in Buffalo but at the end, they outgrow us

and leave us.

I wouldn't mind getting Radulov if he is to be "punished" too. This kid is talented and I can't

see him playing for Nashville.

Why?

Because the deals aren't binding yet as I read this:

"The mentioned players should not be made 'scapegoats' due to the fact that the Memorandum of Agreement has not been signed between the KHL and the NHL. In the absence of a signed Memorandum of Agreement between the KHL and the NHL, it is important to remember that the player is under contract with the individual clubs and the KHL can only enforce any such agreements with the NHL, once the Memorandum has been signed by all parties."

It may be weasel wording, but all law is..

The IIHF suspension will mean little to him.

He'll still get 12 million tax free to play in Russia, he just won't be able to play in the Olympics or World Championships which the IIHF oversees.

That depends. Will he shrug it off, or will it come back to haunt him when he wants to play for his country in those respective titles?

FWIW, the NHL has said that it will send players to the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver. However, SFAIK, they haven't decided about 2014 yet.

Because the deals aren't binding yet as I read this:

"The mentioned players should not be made 'scapegoats' due to the fact that the Memorandum of Agreement has not been signed between the KHL and the NHL. In the absence of a signed Memorandum of Agreement between the KHL and the NHL, it is important to remember that the player is under contract with the individual clubs and the KHL can only enforce any such agreements with the NHL, once the Memorandum has been signed by all parties."

It may be weasel wording, but all law is..

I don't know. I see a guy who is still under contract with the Preds, but up and left to sign with another team in another league. I don't see anything wrong with him being suspended by the IIHF, since the IIHF, the NHL and the NHLPA apparently have a verbal understanding to respect players' contracts.

I don't put a lot of stock into the press release statement of the president of the league who is basically stealing a player from Nashville.

Archived