Should not even justify a post

Rayzor32

Would you deal Pominville straight up for Gaborik? I dont think I would..But they might ask for it..

No.

Tough question though.

That is a tough question. Pommer's is on the way up in his play and will definitely get better. Not sure what we can count on from Gabby. I say screw the deal and stick with Pommer's if it comes down to it. Get the feeling DR will say the same.

You really don't really need Pommer to get better. He is just so darn consistent that you don't give that up. He's a solid, reliable two-way player and he puts up numbers. I don't remember him missing a single shift.

Why? Is what they are posting any dumber than some of the potential deals listed on this thread. Why would the Wild want Max, Kotalik or Connolly? It's going to take more than the Sabres garbage and a prospect. If I were the wild GM any deal that is reached would need to include Pominville. Pominville and Gerbe perhaps and maybe throw in Max to help even of the salaries a little.

Here's my 2 cents on this fairly interesting question:

1. I wouldn't trade Pominville or Roy for Gaborik and I don't think Darcy will either.

2. I would definitely trade Stafford for Gaborik and I think Darcy would too.

3. I would trade Vanek for Gaborik ONLY if as part of the deal (ie a condition, not something that we'd try to work out post-trade), Gaborik signed at least a 3-year extension.

4. I agree with DeLuca that it would take quite a bit more than Max or Connolly for them to part with Gaborik. However, I think (and I think DeLuca has himself pointed out a few times) that Kotalik has real value, both to the Sabres and in trade. He's a reliable 20- to 25-goal winger (in only about 12-13 minutes per night), with potential for 30, who hits and is responsible enough within the system to play the point on the power play. He has an outstanding slapper and he doesn't cost much. Max also has some value. Accordingly, I could see us trading any 2 of Max, Kotalik, Stafford, Paille or Bernier, plus anyone in Portland (including Gerbe) and a high draft pick for Gaborik.

5. I must say, even though he's neither a center nor a defenseman, I'd be pretty psyched if we made this deal.

6. I expect we'll all be embarrassed when this turns out to be more Eklund BS (but the Garth "corroboration" makes it soooo tantalizing...)

Go Sabres.

Ok.. something up....Cause either there are a ton of Sabres fans who are all saying the same thing....Or... what I happen to believe is that there are people from this board, who are saying stuff on the Ecklund site, and re-posting it here or vice versa. Talk about a spitting image. At least change it up a little. Come on.

Why? Is what they are posting any dumber than some of the potential deals listed on this thread. Why would the Wild want Max, Kotalik or Connolly? It's going to take more than the Sabres garbage and a prospect. If I were the wild GM any deal that is reached would need to include Pominville. Pominville and Gerbe perhaps and maybe throw in Max to help even of the salaries a little.

There are guys I'd consider, guys I'd throw in, guys that I'd really have think about before agreeing to trade them, and then guys that I just don't think I'd trade at all. Roy and Pominville are about the only ones that I don't think I'd trade, but pretty much everyone can be had.

EVERYONE in the AHL is fair game for a guy like Gaborik, though. Gerbe, Kennedy, any of them. I wouldn't give up a package of all top AHL prospects, but if it takes a package of Stafford/Max, Gerbe and a 2nd-round pick? In a heartbeat. I'd pull the trigger before Riseborough could think twice.

Like I said before - they seem to have an abundance of goalies in their system - maybe we can pry Josh Harding away from them, or one of their other guys as a backup.

On a somewhat related point, here is an interesting item about Eklund himself -- including his real name and a good number of reasons not to take him seriously.

And for some reason I can't shake this vision of Connolly, Gaborik and Gerbe on a line together and scoring 300 points next year...

Oh well.

On a somewhat related point, here is an interesting item about Eklund himself -- including his real name and a good number of reasons not to take him seriously.

And for some reason I can't shake this vision of Connolly, Gaborik and Gerbe on a line together and scoring 300 points next year...

Oh well.

Wow, what a pile of Eklund bullschitt. :wallbash:

My theory had always been that Eklund kept his anonymity partly because the public confirmation of his real name -- Google "dwayne" and "klessel" and "eklund," but you ain't heard that from me -- would solidify the contradictions in his biography. And we're talking George O'Leary-level contradictions: Saying he worked for the NHL in one bio and saying he had nothing to do with hockey after college in the other. In the context of the PHWA and professional journalism in general, biographical pissings aren't taken too lightly. "In most cases, if he made up a resume, he'd be fired," said Allen.

So how does Eklund explain the dueling bios? He's given the answer to the writers on his site, to some members of the Professional Hockey Writers Association and to NHL officials. And while he wouldn't confirm it on the record with me -- please note he would not deny it, either -- here is that answer:

Eklund worked for the NHL under both John Ziegler and Gary Bettman. Eklund interned with the Quebec Nordiques. Eklund wrote for the Hockey News. Eklund did all of these things, even though Eklund also had nothing to do with hockey after graduating from college. This is because Eklund -- at least in the pre-HockeyBuzz, rocket-to-lockout-stardom days -- wasn't a person.

"He" was a committee.

Eklund was the byline, but the information about high-level ownership meetings and inside scoops from the NHLPA came from a consortium of plugged-in individuals that wanted to break through the spin machine and speak directly to the fans. The biography on the site was crafted together from different members of this League of Extraordinary Eklunds.

Archived