Affiliate coach?

Pullup Champ

Guest Sloth

You guys know some much about the distant administrative positions. I'm impressed. You guys provide the info and I'll read. I cannot argue w/ what you guys say about this topic.

Dineen is an employee with the Ducks until June 30th when contract is up, after that he's a free agent so to speak.

He has interviewed for a NHL assistant coaching job and is considered a strong possibility to move up, but if he wants he could land in Portland again. Dineen has said that he loves Portland, the family loves it so anything is possible.

Cunneyworth has a family and home in Rochester. He's not going to leave it for a lateral move to another AHL market. His number one goal is to go to the NHL, but if he can't get that, he'll probably get a position with the Amerks again. I know Florida likes him.

Cunneyworth has a family and home in Rochester. He's not going to leave it for a lateral move to another AHL market. His number one goal is to go to the NHL, but if he can't get that, he'll probably get a position with the Amerks again. I know Florida likes him.

I'm not sure I am following what you're saying. Are you saying that he won't want to go to Portland and will therefore try to stay with Rochester - all assuming he doesn't get an NHL job?

I'm not sure I am following what you're saying. Are you saying that he won't want to go to Portland and will therefore try to stay with Rochester - all assuming he doesn't get an NHL job?

Yes. What benefit does he get for going to Portland? It's not a step up, it's the same. He might as well stay here, as it appears Florida likes him too.

Yes. What benefit does he get for going to Portland? It's not a step up, it's the same. He might as well stay here, as it appears Florida likes him too.

That's what I thought you meant.

The only article I've found says that Cunney's contract with Buffalo expires this summer. That being said, if he were under contract pas this summer I don't believe he could just resign from Buffalo and take the position in Rochester. I'm pretty sure the Sabres could contractually block him from taking a similar position with a franchise that would be in direct competition with their prospects.

Archived