You need ice to play hockey

frisky

I did not expect that guy to speak with a British accent. An Asian reporter & a story based out of Japan? I didn't see it coming.

There was a funny bit in a "King of Queens" episode where the main character, Doug, is thrown off when he picks up his Chinese take-out and the Asian restaurant worker has a British accent. First thing I thought of when I heard the British Asian in this clip...

They're just trying to level the playing field so they can compete in the sport. Thats my guess. After all, to my knowledge there is only one Japanese player ever to suit up for an NHL game...that goalie who was on the Kings 2 years ago...last name was interesting--Fukufuji. He must work for Kodak or Nikon...

They're just trying to level the playing field so they can compete in the sport. Thats my guess. After all, to my knowledge there is only one Japanese player ever to suit up for an NHL game...that goalie who was on the Kings 2 years ago...last name was interesting--Fukufuji. He must work for Kodak or Nikon...

He's playing/fighting in the ECHL now:

Archived