Jeanneret

Buffalo Fan

I hope we don't lose this guy...

http://www.letsgosabres.com/pressbox/fulls...hp?newsid=10017

I liked this article from a couple of years ago...it appeared he was headed for the pasture, but the magical run of those 2 years seemed to keep him on board. Hopefully he won't end his career on this skid...hopefully he won't end his career. Hearing him on the transister radio was the only way I could forget about the homework I didn;t do (SJCI lives forever!)

I hope we don't lose this guy...

http://www.letsgosabres.com/pressbox/fulls...hp?newsid=10017

I liked this article from a couple of years ago...it appeared he was headed for the pasture, but the magical run of those 2 years seemed to keep him on board. Hopefully he won't end his career on this skid...hopefully he won't end his career. Hearing him on the transister radio was the only way I could forget about the homework I didn;t do (SJCI lives forever!)

If Rick happens to leave, I hope Neale is in his pocket.

From what I remember, RJ still has 1 more year on his contract. When the Sabres brought in HN, I remember him saying that he signed a 3 yeard deal and RJ had a contract for 2 of them. He said he was going to work hard to get RJ to sign the extension for the extra year. We still do not know if he signed the extension.

Hopefully RJ NEVER RETIRES!!!!! It will be a VERY SAD day. Hopefully it is a ways off though. But, we should have him at least throug next season.

If Rick happens to leave, I hope Neale is in his pocket.

Neale is still very good in his in between periods analysis. I don't understand why he has been so mediocre on color. Maybe he needs more of a dry play by play guy to get the best out of him. You get a guy like John Gurtler, and Neale suddenly becomes the life of the party.

From what I remember, RJ still has 1 more year on his contract. When the Sabres brought in HN, I remember him saying that he signed a 3 yeard deal and RJ had a contract for 2 of them. He said he was going to work hard to get RJ to sign the extension for the extra year. We still do not know if he signed the extension.

Hopefully RJ NEVER RETIRES!!!!! It will be a VERY SAD day. Hopefully it is a ways off though. But, we should have him at least throug next season.

There doesn't seem to be much chemestry between the 2...not sure if Neal is the best recruiter when it comes to RJ.

Or, perhaps, just partial retirement is what I'm hoping for. I hope they could get RJ to just do home games so he wouldn't have to travel anymore and get some younger guy to do away games and groom him for the position. The problem I have with a lot of the younger ones is that they don't really do play-by-play. It's like having to color commentators doing the game. Like baseball. For example, when I was listening to the last Laff game, they were broadcasting the 690 radio feed from Toronto. For significant parts of the play, they would just babble about crap instead of doing play by play. You could hear the game going but they would just keep talking stupid crap and then come in and describe the play after the puck has been in play for minutes! So, annoying. How the crap is the radio listener supposed to know what is going on when they are talking BS. I always thought the PbP man was supposed to paint a mental painting that the listener could visualize in their from the drop of the puck to a whistle. There's my gripe! I'm afraid of them hiring one of these types of stooges.

Archived