The tiebreaker system to me does not add up

Swedesessed

I do not understand why wins are the #1 overall tiebreaker....if that is the case, then points in OT losses or Bettman's Creation, the Skills Competition, are not that important....

If wins are the ultimate determining factor, then get rid of the OT point and shootout crap....OR...make head-to-head THE #1 overall factor for the tie breaker, which it should be anyway.

Wins have always been the first tie breaker. It has nothing to do with the OTLs. They'll never change it since a win is a far better accomplishment than 2 ties. It's completely theoretical, but which team would you consider to be better, a 41-41-0 team or a 0-0-82 team?

Wins have always been the first tie breaker. It has nothing to do with the OTLs. They'll never change it since a win is a far better accomplishment than 2 ties. It's completely theoretical, but which team would you consider to be better, a 41-41-0 team or a 0-0-82 team?

Ah, but then riddle me this: how much more than two OT losses is a win really worth if a 0-0-82 (82 points) team is better than a 40-41-1 (81 points) team? I guess it goes like this: 2 OT losses < 1 Win < 2.025 OT losses.

Sorry, had to be a smartass.

It's completely theoretical, but which team would you consider to be better, a 41-41-0 team or a 0-0-82 team?

Easy... Of course the 0-0-82 team!

They are undefeated! In regulation of course... Nobody can beat them in 3 (periods)!

Really... The teams are probably the same... I just see more potential in the one that couldn't pull a win because the OT games during the season is not how hockey is NORMALLY played (4 on 4... Shootouts).

Flame away!

So you wan SOL's to mean more than wins?

I want head to head to mean the most...not overall wins...to me it just does not make sense.

If the Sabres tie a team with 96 points, beat them ALL 8 times they play them, and the other team gets the playoff spot because of 1 extra shootout win, how does that make sense?

Perfect.

Archived