Connolly Out For Rest Of Season

rbochan

I believe the implication in waiving them is that they would almost certainly be picked up at a relatively low salary for veteran defensemen, although I am not sure about Toni and Jaro. Hank would definitely be picked up.

I wouldn't waive Jaro; he's worth keeping on the team. Hank, I waiver about getting rid of. He makes less than Toni and plays better most of the time, so I'd rather waive Lydman first. I don't see the Sabres going that route, though. Probably will be a trade or nothing.

If I were trying to sell the trash, I would focus on Max and Toni, with an ear open for a Timmy-taker. That's over $6 million of cap hit and, perhaps more importantly, two spots that could be better filled by other players. With those two gone, we could focus on bringing in the top-4 defenseman and top-6 centerman that everyone agrees we need. I don't know that I want to count on Timmy as one of our centers next year and right now having no real third-line center with Gaustad up with Pominville and Hecht, is really hurting us.

:rolleyes: Some comic dork you turned out to be...<sigh> Wolverine was only able to under go the surgery to implant his adamantite skeleton and claws because of his mutant ability to heal damage, no matter how severe, very quickly. Hence, the claws cutting thier way out every time he extends them. If Timmy had that recuperative ability, he wouldn't need the metal bones...

No he wouldn't. But i still think the claws would help him out a bit.

Archived