One month in Buffalo for Conklin

PASabreFan

If you could impeach a coach, Lindy would be on trial right now. I think his handling of the goaltenders has been very bad. Lindy said he sat down with Conklin and went over the games he would be playing. What did he show him, a blank sheet of paper? Another little white lie from Ruff?

Last night definitely was perplexing. Conks has shown, al beit briefly, that he can play so why run Ryan into the ground. I've often commended Lindy's coaching but he seems clueless when it come to goalies.

Hear hear.... As much as I like Miller, that's the one thing that has bothered me. Miller still has not shown the stamina akin to a Luongo or Broduer. You can point to several times this year that he could have given Miller a break but didn't, and last night just adds to it. I didn't see any 'pressing" reason for him to have to go with Ryan.

Miller would never say "hey coach, leave me out of this one", but a couple times he has been taken out, he's admitted to being overly tired (all star week) or a little sick (light flu).

Sorry for the rant, but this has been my one peeve with Lindy over the last few years.

I am curious though, does Corsi have any input over who starts on a given night? I've never heard it mentioned anywhere one way or the other.

I think if you're Lindy. You've just seen Miller give a helluva performance Fri night (even though 4 got by him),,,so you ride him into Sat night because you need to close out any chance Ottawa has of catching us..plus Miller has been dandy in Toronto this year. It BACKFIRED. Now Miller's confidence is shaky (7 GAA in a little over 4 periods), the fans question his stamina you still don't really know what Conks can do? Ottawa is only 5 behind and the team just looked horrible. The whole team last night played like a non-playoff club. That was an embarrasing (lack of) effort.

The Sabres need to see what Conks made of as far as Goalie skills are concerned. At this point I think that Ryan could use a few well deserved game rest. I would be curious to see what Conklin brings as I know little about him as a goalie. If the Sabres organization is paying him Lindy should at least give him the opportunity to get some game experience under his belt.

The Sabres need to see what Conks made of as far as Goalie skills are concerned. At this point I think that Ryan could use a few well deserved game rest. I would be curious to see what Conklin brings as I know little about him as a goalie. If the Sabres organization is paying him Lindy should at least give him the opportunity to get some game experience under his belt.

I don't care if Conlin loses every game he starts, there is no need to start Miller every freaking game.

Archived