Most overrated Sabre...Brian Campbell!!!

LabattBlue

Well gee, labatt, you must be a super smart hockey man then. Cuz last time I looked, every time we've been short a defenseman this season, campbell is the one Lindy chooses to take the most ice time. Lindy thinks Campbell is better than you think he is. I'll put my money on Lindy and my own eyes than your armchair analysis. If you're looking for an inconsistent defenseman to bark at, you'll find him in Kalinin.

When in doubt, throw out the "coach/gm is smarter then you" post. You got me there. Here I thought I knew more than Lindy. Thanks for setting me straight. <_<

When in doubt, throw out the "coach/gm is smarter then you" post. You got me there. Here I thought I knew more than Lindy. Thanks for setting me straight. <_<

Well, if you realize that you don't know half of what Lindy has forgotten about hockey, and you know that Lindy favors Campbell as his go-to defenseman whenever someone has to take extra minutes, then I find your conclusions about Campbell strange and ironic.

I'm sure if our seats were next to each other and we were having this conversation it would be a lot more amicable than it might appear here in text, but scanning this board every now and then I'm really surprised by the apparent *need* among many fans to have something to complain about. Here we have the most entertaining team in the game, a great shot at the cup, and some still aren't happy. Not suggesting that's you, but in general....Folks, they can't win them all, and they can't all play their best game "night in and night out" as the canadians love to say.

First the smokin' one. After I get done with that pipe, I'm going to come back and read this post again. If I still see that all the remaining games are meaningless, then hand me the lead pipe, so I can put myself out of my misery.

:lol: :lol:

Just wondering, I thought you might start swinging at the bystanders. :lol:

So you're okay if they lose all of the remaining games, and don't win the division, the #1 seed in the conference or the President's trophy?

Pass the pipe!

If it means they are 100% healthy. I don't care about the division, Conference or President's Trophy. I only care about the Stanley Cup. The only way the Sabres will lose the Cup is by injuries like last season. There is not one team in the East I wouldn't expect the Sabres to beat in five or sweep. The West is going to be such a war to get through I have no concerns about who comes out of the West.

Well, if you realize that you don't know half of what Lindy has forgotten about hockey, and you know that Lindy favors Campbell as his go-to defenseman whenever someone has to take extra minutes, then I find your conclusions about Campbell strange and ironic.

I'm sure if our seats were next to each other and we were having this conversation it would be a lot more amicable than it might appear here in text, but scanning this board every now and then I'm really surprised by the apparent *need* among many fans to have something to complain about. Here we have the most entertaining team in the game, a great shot at the cup, and some still aren't happy. Not suggesting that's you, but in general....Folks, they can't win them all, and they can't all play their best game "night in and night out" as the canadians love to say.

We'll agree to disagree. I'll move on.

If it means they are 100% healthy. I don't care about the division, Conference or President's Trophy. I only care about the Stanley Cup.

But in order to get to the Stanley Cup. having home ice advantage can go a long way in helping.

There is not one team in the East I wouldn't expect the Sabres to beat in five or sweep.

New Jersey, Ottawa & to a lesser extent Pittsburgh could give the Sabres a run for their money and none of them will be the sure things that you are making them out to be.

We'll agree to disagree. I'll move on.

But in order to get to the Stanley Cup. having home ice advantage can go a long way in helping.

New Jersey, Ottawa & to a lesser extent Pittsburgh could give the Sabres a run for their money and none of them will be the sure things that you are making them out to be.

Was it home ice or having four AHL defensemen in the lineup that cost the Sabres last season? Jeff Jilson?

I feel this 82 game regular season is an annoyance to the Sabres. Since the final buzzer of game seven in Carolina it has been all about the playoffs.

Archived