30,000 medallion albums but 11,000 coins????

TM8-PL16

did anyone else read the article in the Buffalo News, about the medallions? it says 30,000 albums were made and then it goes on to say that only 11,000 coins of each player were made. I'm no mathematician but doesn't that leave 19,000 albums empty?

who is the genius that came up with these numbers???

did anyone else read the article in the Buffalo News, about the medallions? it says 30,000 albums were made and then it goes on to say that only 11,000 coins of each player were made. I'm no mathematician but doesn't that leave 19,000 albums empty?

I thought the same thing this morning. Maybe they had TC working on this on a day when his concussion symptoms were on the bad side.

Are they being made in Pittsburgh?...................sorry, that was a lay-up.

Are the coins sold as a set or individually? If they're not sold as a set, more than 11,000 people could buy an album to hold their incomplete set of coins.

they are sold indivdually... so it will be rare if there are that many complete sets... there won't be 11,000 complete sets... most people will get shut out of a few... are they wanting the employees of these stores to keep a few coins from the shelves then make complete setsand sell them on eBay the day after the last coin comes out? because that is exactly what is going to happen...

by releasing this info, the workers will know a complete set will be in demand so that is what will happen... if they didn't point out the numbers, demand would be great but now this will create a monster and you will see people selling sets on eBay for $200 the day the last coin comes out and the majority of those sellers will be employees of the stores that stocked the coins.

people do this with rare action figures and collectibles all the time... workers keep stuff off the shelves for themselves to buy... and I don't blame them at all.

Archived