Scoreboard Watching 3/22

Bmwolf21

NJD lose 3-1 to Tampa

Pittsburgh loses 3-1 to NYI

Ottawa beats Florida 4-2

*Update* Detroit loses in shootout to Columbus, 2-1

Nashville and Calgary tied at 1 in 2nd period

*scores current as of 10:16 p.m.

saw some of the detroit game. talk about weak shootout attempts on both sides. good lord, it was brutal.

Also, saw the devils implode in the 3rd. they were tied at 1 in the 3rd and gave up 2 goals.

flipped from the boston game when the bruins were up 3-1 (maybe... wasn't paying htat much attention). next thing i know, its 5-3 montreal.

And a big congrats to CHRIS GRATTON for playing in his 1000th nhl game. The florida announcers made as big a deal of this event as they would calling a game of horse between mohammed and jesus christ. Needless to say, i was not only not impressed, but i laughed hystarically. You know guys, any time you want to complain about darcy regier, just remember these three words "Briere for Gratton"

yes he did. osgood looked like a fish on that one. Speaking of fishy, any word as to why hasek didn't play? Wonder what babcock will say if that question is asked...

I didn't hear anything, but I was switching back & forth between three or four different games. Sounds like Babcock just finally lost it with Dom:

"It wasn't interference at all -- our goalie tried to draw the penalty and he dove and they shot it in the net," spat Babcock, who said he's warned Hasek of such well-known hijinks in the past.

"In the past AND I just mentioned it tonight. The bottom line is embellishment is something that happens in our game probably too much and when you try to draw a penalty and it doesn't go your way, it's a tough one."

I am looking to see if anyone has any of Dom's reaction to his coach's mini-rant...

UPDATED:

NJD lose 3-1 to Tampa

Pittsburgh loses 3-1 to NYI

Ottawa beats Florida 4-2

Detroit loses in shootout to Columbus, 2-1 (1 pt)

Nashville loses to Calgary, 3-2 in overtime (1 pt)

Not a bad night for the boys in blue&gold - put some more room between themselves and Pitt & NJ; Ottawa keeps pace but we have a game in hand on the Sens; and Detroit & Nash only pick up 1 pt each.

A game in hand, and a 7 point lead over New Jersey, a game in hand and a 1 point lead over Detroit, 2 games in hand and equal number of points with Nashville? Pretty good night. Ottawa winning was the only bad thing for us. OTOH, even though they're now only 5 behind, we do hold 2 games in hand.

On a side note, San Jose has allowed only 10 goals their last 10 games. That's pretty awesome.

A game in hand, and a 7 point lead over New Jersey, a game in hand and a 1 point lead over Detroit, 2 games in hand and equal number of points with Nashville? Pretty good night. Ottawa winning was the only bad thing for us. OTOH, even though they're now only 5 behind, we do hold 2 games in hand.

On a side note, San Jose has allowed only 10 goals their last 10 games. That's pretty awesome.

I am disappointed the Penguins lost. I am hoping Pittsburgh overtakes NJ in the Atlantic so that NJ and Ottawa play each other in the first round. :beer:

Archived