This Day in Sabres History :: February 13

PASabreFan

February 13, 1977

Peeved that rookie Don Edwards will be given the start in goal, Sabres' backup goalie Al Smith hops off the bench after the national anthems, waves to owner Seymour Knox in the crowd and skates off the ice, never to be seen again. Without a backup, Edwards gets his first win in the NHL as the Sabres spank the Minnesota North Stars 6-2 at the Aud.

February 13, 1989

Lindy Ruff resigns as Sabres' captain. "They ripped a piece right out of me, and it will be hard to replace," Ruff says of his benching a few days earlier by coach Ted Sator. Needless to say, Ruff's days in Buffalo are numbered.

February 13, 2003

Bankrupt, without an owner and uncertain of their future, the Sabres lose their eighth straight game, 4-2 at Detroit. It's the longest losing streak in team history.

February 13, 1977

Peeved that rookie Don Edwards will be given the start in goal, Sabres' backup goalie Al Smith hops off the bench after the national anthems, waves to owner Seymour Knox in the crowd and skates off the ice, never to be seen again. Without a backup, Edwards gets his first win in the NHL as the Sabres spank the Minnesota North Stars 6-2 at the Aud.

Great moment in Sabres history. I love reading the ones that I experienced first hand, but have long forgotten about.

Bye Al!! :lol: :lol: