300 Goals!

bcsaberks

A meaningless stat I know, but the Sabres have a shot at 300 goals this season. They would be only the 3rd team in the past 10 seasons to accomplish it. The other two were Ottawa (314) and Detroit (305) both last year. Ok, the other 8 seasons don't mean jack cause the rules were different...but still.

This season has been a great one so far. Now if only the pp would start clicking.

What's amazing is the all-time record for most team goals in a season: 446 by the 83-84 Oilers! :worthy: :w00t:

A few other "meaningless" regular season things to follow besides the Presidents Trophy race are:

1. Most regular season wins by a Sabres team (we're at 46, and the record is 52 from last year).

2. Most regular season road wins by a Sabres team (we're at 23, and the record is 25 from last year).

3. Most regular season standings points by a Sabres team (we're at 99, and the record is 113 from the 74-75 SC finals squad).

10 games to go!

I don't know about that, it hasn't clicked all year and we still win games. I agree it needs to be better than it has but more importantly we need to improve on the pk. I think it is kinda like the old saying defense wins championships. If we can hold good pp units to low goal totals it won't matter as much if our pp is clicking, because our 5 on 5 unit should be able to beat most other teams 5 on 5.

That said I would feel much better if both units improved light years in the next ten games.

Archived