Vinny's first goal?

james duncan

Vinny is simply a great scorer. But I swear I saw his first goal deflect up into the corner off of d-man's stick (Kalinin?). Anyone else see it? I didn't hear anyone make mention of it. I thought Miller had a really nice game last night.

The Tampa announcers mentioned it on between period hi-lites. It was deflected.

FWIW, almost all of Lecavalier's shots throughout the rest of the game were intentionally down low. I haven't watched enough of TB to know if that is where he likes to score, or if he saw something in Miller, but the high trajectory after bouncing off of Kalinin did surprise him. So PA, maybe he was out of position, or playing to Lecavalier's tendency, who knows?

Miller was also out of position a bit and down too soon. His reaction to the goal I took as disgust with himself, but if it went off 45, all bets are off...

Surprisingly, my initial reaction was the same, but once the Tampa guys showed the slo-mo replay, it looked like Miller was in perfect position to stop the low shot. Problem was that Kalinin's deflection was so close to Miller and he redirected the shot on such a severe angle that I think Miller (to use Lorentz's favorite phrase) really had no chance.

At first I thought he was frustrated with not making the saves, hence the arms, but I think he was frustrated at another one going in off Dmitri. Guess Kalinin wanted to pick up the slack from McKee leaving, huh?

Surprisingly, my initial reaction was the same, but once the Tampa guys showed the slo-mo replay, it looked like Miller was in perfect position to stop the low shot. Problem was that Kalinin's deflection was so close to Miller and he redirected the shot on such a severe angle that I think Miller (to use Lorentz's favorite phrase) really had no chance.

At first I thought he was frustrated with not making the saves, hence the arms, but I think he was frustrated at another one going in off Dmitri. Guess Kalinin wanted to pick up the slack from McKee leaving, huh?

I guess Dmitri doesn't get any credit for the 134 shots he has blocked? :wallbash:

I guess Dmitri doesn't get any credit for the 134 shots he has blocked? :wallbash:

yeah, that's what I was saying there... <_<

I don't care how many Kalinin has blocked. Maybe it's a lot, maybe those numbers are padded by blocking shots from his own turnovers, maybe the numbers are inflated by home scorekeepers, whatever. All I know is that anytime a puck gets deflected by a Sabre in the Buffalo net, it seems to go in off Dmitri, and it looked like Ryan was frustrated with that deflection last night.

Archived