Zubrus Looks Good Out There

bob_sauve28

If they're going to release a d-man, they'd better bring one back the other way.

With Spacek, we're 7 guys deep on D, and Teppo isn't exactly getting any younger.

Sorry, I was getting alittle ahead of myself. I tend to live in the perpetual future sometimes. 07-08 Spacek and maybe Teppo are out. After we win the cup I think Teppo will retire......on top! :D I always have said, ever wonder why Mikko Lehtonen was picked up for a fourth round pick from Nashville? Learn the Rochachacha tango this season.

Sorry, I was getting alittle ahead of myself. I tend to live in the perpetual future sometimes. 07-08 Spacek and maybe Teppo are out. After we win the cup I think Teppo will retire......on top! :D I always have said, ever wonder why Mikko Lehtonen was picked up for a fourth round pick from Nashville? Learn the Rochachacha tango this season.

Spacek just signed a three year deal. He's not going anywhere.

I don't understand the anti-Spacek sentiment. And I agree he's not going anywhere. Thought we paid a bit much for him but Edmonton was going to pay him similar bucks so he signed at market value. I also think he's a guy who can elevate his play in the playoffs...like I am praying (and suspect) Teppo will.

Zubrus has indeed looked good. I've been a fan of his ever since I saw the Flyers mishandle him as a rookie. He's a big forward that can move and play the PK. I'd like to see him out there with his pal, Max...

I don't understand the anti-Spacek sentiment. And I agree he's not going anywhere. Thought we paid a bit much for him but Edmonton was going to pay him similar bucks so he signed at market value. I also think he's a guy who can elevate his play in the playoffs...like I am praying (and suspect) Teppo will.

Zubrus has indeed looked good. I've been a fan of his ever since I saw the Flyers mishandle him as a rookie. He's a big forward that can move and play the PK. I'd like to see him out there with his pal, Max...

The two things Spacek and Zoobie have in common. They both could be first line players on more than half the teams in the league, catch 22, bad teams! ex. (Wash,EDM,CHI,CBJ, etc.) Spacek could have been a panic signing when McKee left and yes we did sign him a market value. IMO Spacek is here because of his playoff run last year with EDM, Conklin too.

The two things Spacek and Zoobie have in common. They both could be first line players on more than half the teams in the league, catch 22, bad teams! ex. (Wash,EDM,CHI,CBJ, etc.) Spacek could have been a panic signing when McKee left and yes we did sign him a market value. IMO Spacek is here because of his playoff run last year with EDM, Conklin too.

Spacek is a better defenseman than McKee.

Archived