Sabres 06-07 Roster Power Ranking

Chief Enabler

I didnt base this on stats, mostly on what I think they have meant to the success of the season so far.

1. Miller
  2. Briere
  3. Afinogenov
  4. Drury
  5. Pominville
  6. Tallinder
  7. Lydman
  8. Hecht
  9. Roy
  10. Soupy
  11. Vanek
  12. Stafford
  13. Numminen
  14. Paetsch
  15. Mair
  16. Paille
  17. Zubrus/Goose tie
  18. Kalinin/Kotalik tie
  19. Spacek
  20. Conklin and rising/ gotta put Marty somewhere too I guess
  21. Ryan
  22. Kaleta
  23. Peters/McArthur tie

My wife made an appointment to get the L on my forehead looked at.

I didnt base this on stats, mostly on what I think they have meant to the success of the season so far.

1. Miller
  2. Briere
  3. Afinogenov
  4. Drury
  5. Pominville
  6. Tallinder
  7. Lydman
  8. Hecht
  9. Roy
  10. Soupy
  11. Vanek
  12. Stafford
  13. Numminen
  14. Paetsch
  15. Mair
  16. Paille
  17. Zubrus/Goose tie
  18. Kalinin/Kotalik tie
  19. Spacek
  20. Conklin and rising/ gotta put Marty somewhere too I guess
  21. Ryan
  22. Kaleta
  23. Peters/McArthur tie

My wife made an appointment to get the L on my forehead looked at.

Not bad. I think you could honestly move Tallinder up to the top 3/4 probably. Mair is too high and Goose is way too low for what he brought to the team this year.

[*]Miller

[*]Briere

[*]Afinogenov

[*]Drury

Drury has to be #2. He has more goals, more game winners and is 10% better on face offs than Briere. Plus, Drury plays in all situations. Short handed, power play, a minute left down a goal and a minute left up a goal.

If any Sabre deserves a vote for the Hart it has to be Drury. A complete player in every sense.

Drury has to be #2. He has more goals, more game winners and is 10% better on face offs than Briere. Plus, Drury plays in all situations. Short handed, power play, a minute left down a goal and a minute left up a goal.

If any Sabre deserves a vote for the Hart it has to be Drury. A complete player in every sense.

Where have I seen that before? Hmmm..... :beer:

Seriously, DeLuca - you have to stop with these types of posts - I find myself agreeing with them waaaaay too often.

You have to be honest, since he came back from the doctors he has not been himself. My thoughts with Briere & Max was that they bring the speed and skills that lights the fire and changes the momentum alot!

Vanek seems way low to me. He should be in the top 4 or 5. While his +/- seems better than his actual contribution - he has incredible patience with the puck and rarely wastes chances. He needs to rethink his approach to shootouts, but other than that.... It's hard to argue +35 with no other Sabre even close.

You have to be honest, since he came back from the doctors he has not been himself. My thoughts with Briere & Max was that they bring the speed and skills that lights the fire and changes the momentum alot!

Drury may not be scoring at the moment but he is still winning faceoffs. 56% last night, 72% against Florida and 56% against the Pens.

If Briere and Max aren't scoring than they bring nothing to the game. They are fun to watch. But neither will ever be accused of playing a complete game.

Paetsche should be higher imo he has added some much needed depth at D and I think was responcible for the PP turning it around

Paetsch wasnt even dressed until Oct 28, missing most of the undefeated streak. His versatility and minutes have gone up through the season, but on nine minutes last night, Hmm. Extremely debatable on turning the PP around, I didnt even think we had one. 18th in the league today.

Archived