Places to watch the Sabres in Orlando area...

elcrusho

Hey all you Floridians....

Where is a good place to watch the Sabres game tonight and tomorrow down here in Orlando??

I'm stayin over by John Young Pkwy & W Oak Ridge Rd...

I haven't added Orlando to my "places to watch the sabes when traveling" list yet (about 10 cities and growing)..BUT I believe there is an ESPN ZONE somewhere on the Disney property -- not necessarily a Buffalo atmosphere, but plenty of TVs and a good bet to catch the game...

There are no Sabre fan hangouts that I know of, but here are some sport bars near where you're staying.

There is an ESPN Club at Disney, it's located in their Boardwalk hotel complex. Lot's of TVs, but it might be a bit crowded. The food kind of sucks. Jump on the 4 going West. Take the Epcot Exit into Disney, take the 2nd exit onto Lake Buena Vista drive, continue until you see the BoardWalk Entrance. It's a bit of a hike from the hotel parking lot to the bar. (407) 939-1177 -- 2101 Epcot Resorts Blvd

A few places closer to you:

Orlando (Kirkman) Ale House on Kirkman Road. Take West Oak Ridge to International. Left on International, and then a right on Kirkman. The Ale house is across from the Universal theme park. They have a lot of TVs, but you might want to call, sometimes they have a schedule of what they're showing. (407) 248-0000 -- 5573 S Kirkman Rd

Fridays Front Row -- Huge complex on International, lots of TVs, and they serve the Friday's menu. Take West Oak Ridge to International drive, take a left, and continue on International a couple of miles. Friday's Front Row is on the right, after the Sand Lake intersection. Just a note, International can be really busy in this section of town, leave a little early to account for traffic. This is the place I used to watch the Sabres before I got the Center Ice package (about 9 years ago). (407) 363-1414 -- 8126 International Dr

Smokey Bones -- Lots of TVs, but not sure if they have Center Ice, so you might want to call. Go south on John Young, take a left onto Sand Lake, drive thru the Orange Blossum Trail intersection, it's on the right, a light or two after OBT. (407) 850-5010 -- 8016 Golden Sky Ln

Having lived and worked in that area for the last couple years, I can say that Jad hit the nail on the head. I am not sure about whether any of those places have the Center Ice package, but I am pretty sure the Ale House (pretty damn good wings, for being outside of Buffalo - just make sure you order them unbreaded, or they'll being some KFC-looking crap) and Friday's Front Row do have the CI package.

Archived