Pretty Funny Auto Translation

wjag

The web site does the auto translation of this original French article in the Montreal Journal. I like the cloakroom line.. And being bleached in New York...

Do you think something gets lost in the translation...

Enjoy...

"If the Canadian expects to meet a team of the American League this evening with Buffalo, it would do raviser better.

Last Tuesday in Toronto, the Sabres were private of seven regular players (Daniel Bri?re suffered from an intestinal influenza) and Maple Leafs were all the same ross?s 6 to 1.

?It was incredible, underlined Jason Pominville. In the cloakroom before the match, one looked at our formation and one found only five regular attackers there.?

Previous Sunday in Ottawa, the Senators saw the Sabres Rochester to make up a deficit of 1-4 before ending up with difficulty overcoming them by the mark from 6 to 5.

?In Toronto, I was really surprised the speed which our team generated on the skating rink?, Bri?re declared, yesterday morning.

On February 15, the Sabres undertook a sequence of six matches during which they lost the services of a regular player.

In spite of that, they post a file of 6-1-1 with their last eight matches.

?The fact of seeing players Rochester to answer the call with as many success does not surprise me because I know which contribution gave us Jason Pominville and Derek Roy last season?, it added.

?I however was surprised to see as one managed to play as well with as many players recalled within the formation?, Bri?re admitted, which expects to see the Canadian playing with aggressiveness this evening.

The energy of despair?

?They were bleached in New York at the beginning of week and the partisans reproached them for not having provided the wanted effort?, it indicated.

?This team fights in this moment for her survival and I expect that it disputes a really intense match.?

Bri?re as recalled as the Canadian gave much wire to retordre with the Sabres this season.

?They are accustomed to excelling against us, it put forward. They await us four with the blue line and they wait until one makes errors.?

Instead of being cut down by the wave of wounds which has just struck them, the Sabres seem to have found the means of being inspired some. The transaction which brought Dainius Zubrus in their cloakroom is not foreign with this climate.

?We chose to benefit the best from this situation, underlined Pominville. We said ourselves that our casualties went, in any case, to return in time for the series and that it was about a beautiful occasion to discover young players who could help us.

?Moreover, one has just acquired Zubrus in an exchange. I do not dare to imagine at which point our formation will be strong when everyone returns to the play.?

?This team fights for her survival and will play with intensity?, envisages Bri?re while speaking about the Canadian

I didn't know the Buffalo Sabres are a "she"? :)

In French, nouns have a gender (maculine or feminine) unlike in English, and the noun for "team" in French is feminine. That's why it translates to English as "she".

Grammar lesson over. Back to your regularly scheduled hockey talk. :beer:

In French, nouns have a gender (maculine or feminine) unlike in English, and the noun for "team" in French is feminine. That's why it translates to English as "she".

Grammar lesson over. Back to your regularly scheduled hockey talk. :beer:

Ah, I understand... and should know better since my second language uses masculine, feminine and neuter nouns too. I blame it on the lack of sleep and caffeine :doh:

Archived