2007 picks

Strow

Now Im not 100% on this but lets say the sabres win the cup and get the last pick which now goes to the caps and the Flyers finish the season dead last so they get the first pick. So really we trade the last pick in the first round for the first pick in the second round. Not a huge deal or change in talent there. Maybe I am not reading it right or missing details.

Now Im not 100% on this but lets say the sabres win the cup and get the last pick which now goes to the caps and the Flyers finish the season dead last so they get the first pick. So really we trade the last pick in the first round for the first pick in the second round. Not a huge deal or change in talent there. Maybe I am not reading it right or missing details.

I think you're correct.

If the Sabres win the Cup they would have owned the final pick in the first round however where the Flyers will draft will be determined by a weighted draft lottery however as I understand it the lowest pick they'd get would be the 2nd pick. As under the NHL lottery system, the five teams with the fewest points have a chance to win the first overall selection. No team can move up more than four spots and no team could move down more than one and being the Flyers have the worst record in the league that tells me they can't pick any lower then pick #2.

If the Sabres win the Cup they would have owned the final pick in the first round however where the Flyers will draft will be determined by a weighted draft lottery however as I understand it the lowest pick they'd get would be the 2nd pick. As under the NHL lottery system, the five teams with the fewest points have a chance to win the first overall selection. No team can move up more than four spots and no team could move down more than one and being the Flyers have the worst record in the league that tells me they can't pick any lower then pick #2.

Does the lottery effect the later rounds or is it only for round 1 and then the order is set worst to best?

Archived