Darcy Regier on WGR around 4pm

Corp000085

Hopefully he'll enlighten us on:

-ty conklin

-giving his respect to marty

-zubrus vs. novotny

-the defensive prospects

-the salary cap situation

-injury updates, as well as an update on TC. (by the way, i guess he'll be magically better today from his leg injury)

I'll try to give updates as things develop

biron's move was a salary cap dump issue. they were up against the cap and had to move him to make room for connolly.

conklin was recommended by corsi.

conklin will dress tonight.

zubras won't dress tonight.

very busy day

other than that, we didn't get any insight on connolly's return, but he did say that the biron move was made for the cap space to accomodate connolly because he'll have to be taken off of LTIR before the reg. season ends. He stated that the nhl won't let players on LTIR for the last game of the reg. season play in the playoffs.

He stated that the nhl won't let players on LTIR for the last game of the reg. season play in the playoffs.

So what does this mean for guys like Max and Dru whose injuries are recent but wouldn't preclude them from coming back during the playoffs?

Would you jsut have to activate them for the last game and have them sit there on the bench injured, rolling 2 lines all night?

If Corsi can work with him (Conklin), maybe he'll improve. Didn't someone mention in another thread that the NHL said Connolly wasn't allowed to play until after the 1st round?

That's no longer the case. He would have had to sit if we couldn't keep his cap space clear, but Darcy accomplished that.

So what does this mean for guys like Max and Dru whose injuries are recent but wouldn't preclude them from coming back during the playoffs?

Would you jsut have to activate them for the last game and have them sit there on the bench injured, rolling 2 lines all night?

Max and Drury aren't on the IR (or the LTIR like COnnolly. The only ones on that are Timmy and Gaustad. The others are just injured and can come back whenever healthy, their salaries are still counted against the cap, unlike the guys on LTIR who's salaries aren't on the cap until they are taken off.

As for the comment about Conklin, I think with some coaching he will be just fine. from what I have heard, they don't think he has fully gotten over that goal in the SCF mentally and that is why he is not playing well. He is a decent goalie for a backup, but will not compete with Miller ever to be the starter

Archived