our goaltending

bottlecap

LOL! If you think Miller didn't have a great game, I don't know what to tell you. I am not that worried about dealing Marty if we have to. I love him and think he is an above average gaol tender, but if something every happened to Miller, I highly doubt marty could lead us to the promise land.

Miller let in two goals. The first was all Staffords fault. He fell while trying to defend Alfredson. The second was a freak play that happens some time.

I thought Miller played really well. Compared to Emery Miller looked like a Hall Of Famer.

I know a trade would never happen but if there is a team that needs a Marty Biron it's the Sens. Their goaltending sucks. If they don't go out and get a goalie they may be on the outside looking in come playoff time.

last night was case and point. we don't have great goaltending and we need it.

Don't judge Miller on the fact that he had to come in mid game for Marty in consecutive games. He did fairly well but goalies generally aren't mentally ready and are probably physically tight when they have to come in mid game.

I know people think Miller lets in soft goals once in a while, but there is no denying that he is a great goalie.

The greatest thing about Miller is a certain variable that he has that all Great goalies need. It's a variable that can't be learned but is natural to the goalie. This is his ability to step up in big games and play better as the stakes increase. The more pressure on Miller the better he performs. We should all be estatic that we have a goalie who gets better during playoff time and doesn't choke.

Miller is a goalie who can lead his team to a cup win. There's not many who can and the Sabres are lucky enough to have one.

As I finish writing this I am not sure if you were serious so I don't know if I just wasted my time or not. <_<

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Hey, you can't argue with PA on that one. I'd be willing to bet my Life savings the Sabres don't lose a game in a shootout during the playoffs

Miller let in two goals. The first was all Staffords fault. He fell while trying to defend Alfredson. The second was a freak play that happens some time.

I thought Miller played really well. Compared to Emery Miller looked like a Hall Of Famer.

I know a trade would never happen but if there is a team that needs a Marty Biron it's the Sens. Their goaltending sucks. If they don't go out and get a goalie they may be on the outside looking in come playoff time.

Wow, there must be something really wrong with me, I actually partially agree with Deluca here.

Miller did play really well, but Biron is not a step up compared to Emery. The Sens problem, like usual is not goaltending. Emery is not a horrible goaltender, but like usual the fans will run him out of town instead of the players infront of him. He's not the greatest, but he is good enough to win you games.

Wow, there must be something really wrong with me, I actually partially agree with Deluca here.

Miller did play really well, but Biron is not a step up compared to Emery. The Sens problem, like usual is not goaltending. Emery is not a horrible goaltender, but like usual the fans will run him out of town instead of the players infront of him. He's not the greatest, but he is good enough to win you games.

I disagree here. Emery is too out of control in net. The Sabres put in 5 but it could have easily been ten. Vanek missed the net on a penalty shot, MacArthur put the puck into the net .5 seconds too late and Mancari missed a wide open net. There were also about a half of dozens occasions where the Sabres cleared the puck to the slot while Emery had gone fishing, unfortunately for the Sabres no one was there or they got there a second late.

What we saw over the weekend was the playoff Ray Emery. He's a kid that doesn't handle pressure well and Brian Slurray is nowhere near a good enough coach to help Emery control his emotions.

The Sens are by no means a lock to make the playoffs with their goaltending.

Hey, you can't argue with PA on that one. I'd be willing to bet my Life savings the Sabres don't lose a game in a shootout during the playoffs

I wasn't arguing, just trying to figure out if he really meant it. I mean, you bet your life savings? I can easily bet my life!! :nana:

Archived