Let's Fast Forward to Saturday Night

wjag

Buffalo now finds themselves in a "world of hurt" going into this game. We are without a 30+ goal scorer and co-Captain, a 20+ goal scorer and a bucket load of forwards.

How do we play this game? Ottawa will come out flying and hitting.

I'm almost in favor of adopting a trap-game for just this one game. I would like to go NJ Devils on them for just one game. Let's shorten the ice up and play max protect. Let's stand them up in the neutral zone. Solid blue line and always two men back. We don't need the win as much as we need to stay healthy. We simply have no more bodies to give.

The other option is to pretend like we have the assets to play the up and down the ice game. With only one line left intact, my strategy if I was Ottawa would be to come hard after Briere. He's the only true threat left on the ice.

We can't afford to have him even remotely knicked at this point. How do we protect Danny?

I like Orange's idea. I don't care if we lost 10 to 1. Just beat the #%^$#! out of Ottawa. Make them pay for what they did to Drury. Hit the Senators hard. I've always liked the saying, "Payback can be a bitch."

I'm just shy of buying an Amerks shirt just to show my appreciation! We've stripped 'em bare!

I think this is great for the prospects. This is what the Sabres have been doing...initiating the youngsters with a lot of playing time and getting them ready for the big leagues.

What last night's game has also done was solidify an official rivalry between these two teams. We were chasing them all of last season, beat them in the playoffs, and have had heated, intense games with them all of this year. The stuff last night just elevated it to a new level. It's not Yankees-Red Sox (maybe similar to the Red Wings-Avalanche of 10 years ago), but it's a real rivalry now.

I think this is great for the prospects. This is what the Sabres have been doing...initiating the youngsters with a lot of playing time and getting them ready for the big leagues.

What last night's game has also done was solidify an official rivalry between these two teams. We were chasing them all of last season, beat them in the playoffs, and have had heated, intense games with them all of this year. The stuff last night just elevated it to a new level. It's not Yankees-Red Sox (maybe similar to the Red Wings-Avalanche of 10 years ago), but it's a real rivalry now.

So true, they have elevated themselves to Public Enemy Number 1. We were probably approaching that in Ottawa after last year's playoff series. With all the bad blood, this just seals the deal.

Archived