Is NHL Enforcing the 'New' Rules?

bob_sauve28

I was driving home the other day and Bulldog was blathering on about Gary Bettman. He said he never gave a straight answer to any question. As an example he said Lindy Ruff was complaining about the lack of enforcement on hooking and grabbing or something and Bettman shrugged it off by saying the Sabres just wern't doing well so Lindy was complaining.

Then you look at the standing a f'n New Jersey is moving up in points. Coincidence?

It would explain a lot

I thought that it was just me but maybe not. I've especially noticed it the last few games even half-asleep while watching. But, it seems like they are starting to let things go more and more. I don't quite understand why the refs just let it slip like that. Personally, I'm not much a fan of the pre-lockout version of the game. I remember reading though that the director of officiating (Walkom?) thought that the officials were calling the games consistently from the beginning (lip-service again).

my guess is the commisioners office told the officials that the players are complaining about all the penalties so now they are letting teams get away with more again. Whats sad is if they would just continue to enforce the rule book the penalties would go down on there own cause a coach ain't gonna keep putting a player out there that gets 5 minors a game

Archived