EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPS

sabresnutinphoenix

I add the Devils to the flavor of the month list.

Canes

Thrashers

Habs

Sens

Devils

It seems like everytime a team puts together a couple of good weeks fans are like "Oh no watch out for the ______!"

I sure wouldn't mind if The Sabres were the flavour of the month though, but I guess that's what happened in October.

Did you not watch our game against the Devils? We actually played well for about two thirds of the game, controlled the tempo, and adapted to their protect the goalie defensive mindset. This sounds dumb, but we should have shut them out 3-0, being 3-2 it seems a lot closer than it was. We owned them and were able to counteract their strong defense.

You may turn out to be a prophet, but that doesn't mean the Sabres aren't capable of beating the Devils in a series. They might get a game or two due to Brodeur's excellence but we would overwhelm them in a 7 game series. That's of course if we can stay healthy.

I truly think our bad play as of late is the lack of penalties called. It's not necessarily the fact that we get power play opportunities out of these calls, it's the fact that the players leaguewide will really stop themselves from committing penalties much more if the calls are coming consistent. It's sad really, because this team is built completely for the new rules and stiffer penalty calls. The closer the league lets this get to the old NHL the further we get from a cup.

I saw countless penalties not called last night against Columbus. And how is it that Thomas Vanek can be completely crosschecked to the ice after the whistle is blown and there is no call? Because we already had a 5 on 4? That's no excuse to not call a blatant penalty where the Blue Jacket defender literally charged a few paces to cross check Vanek in the back well after the play was over. Not only is this a penalty but someone is going to get seriously hurt if stuff like that is allowed to continue.

I truly think our bad play as of late is the lack of penalties called. It's not necessarily the fact that we get power play opportunities out of these calls, it's the fact that the players leaguewide will really stop themselves from committing penalties much more if the calls are coming consistent. It's sad really, because this team is built completely for the new rules and stiffer penalty calls. The closer the league lets this get to the old NHL the further we get from a cup.

I saw countless penalties not called last night against Columbus. And how is it that Thomas Vanek can be completely crosschecked to the ice after the whistle is blown and there is no call? Because we already had a 5 on 4? That's no excuse to not call a blatant penalty where the Blue Jacket defender literally charged a few paces to cross check Vanek in the back well after the play was over. Not only is this a penalty but someone is going to get seriously hurt if stuff like that is allowed to continue.

I really hope you are wrong on this point. If the league let's this go we are done. I think the league is letting the chippy stuff go but is calling the hooking and tripping calls as usual. Nice to see a couple of power play goals last night,though

Seeing that is seriously pissing me off. No call, no retribution and yes, somebody is going to get hurt eventually. It's been a f***ing crosschecking bonanza on the Sabres when they are in front of the opposition's net and both the refs and the Sabres seem to just let it happen.

Ok, there was one call when Drury was crosschecked and dumped a few games ago after he had already been destroyed by the puck. But there have been several nasty ones since then that deserved to be called and weren't. How are the refs and the league "missing" this crap?

Archived