Columbus on Friday Night

MiggityMJW

I look forward to seeing everyone that is going to be in Columbus on Friday night for the game. There are a lot of storylines for the game.

1) How will the Sabres look with some time off?

2) Will Lindy Ruff get into a fight with Ken Hitchcock, a la last year's playoffs?

3) Where are Danny Gare, current TV Color Commentator for the Bluejackets, go to dinner with Rick and Jim?

4) Can the Sabres fans in attendence drown out the Columbus fans?

2 minutes into the game, we NEED to start a Let's Go Buffalo chant.

Pass it on.

I look forward to seeing everyone that is going to be in Columbus on Friday night for the game. There are a lot of storylines for the game.

1) How will the Sabres look with some time off?

2) Will Lindy Ruff get into a fight with Ken Hitchcock, a la last year's playoffs?

3) Where are Danny Gare, current TV Color Commentator for the Bluejackets, go to dinner with Rick and Jim?

4) Can the Sabres fans in attendence drown out the Columbus fans?

2 minutes into the game, we NEED to start a Let's Go Buffalo chant.

Pass it on.

1) How will the Sabres look with some time off? The Sabres will come out of the gate slow and Lorentz aka "the excuse generator" will proclaim that the Sabres don't have their legs because of the layoff.

2) Will Lindy Ruff get into a fight with Ken Hitchcock, a la last year's playoffs? YES. This is a definite possibility. <_<

3) Where are Danny Gare, current TV Color Commentator for the Bluejackets, go to dinner with Rick and Jim? Who cares.

4) Can the Sabres fans in attendence drown out the Columbus fans? Depends on how many Sabre fans there are at the game.

Fine, you win!!! After the anthems!!!

The Columbus fans are funny; they don't like to get into their seats until they have milled around in the lobby and had a few beers. Columbus fans need to be good and liquored up just to be able to understand hockey. It will be all Sabres fans at the start of the game.

Fine, you win!!! After the anthems!!!

The Columbus fans are funny; they don't like to get into their seats until they have milled around in the lobby and had a few beers. Columbus fans need to be good and liquored up just to be able to understand hockey. It will be all Sabres fans at the start of the game.

[/quote

There are many Blue Jackets season ticket holders, who like me are transplants from the northeast and understand hockey as well as anyone. It's the natives who are not as hip to the nuances of the game. When the Sabres played a preseason game here this fall (the only one they lost) there was a lot of Sabres gear in the building. Expect to see mor on Friday.

1) How will the Sabres look with some time off? The Sabres will come out of the gate slow and Lorentz aka "the excuse generator" will proclaim that the Sabres don't have their legs because of the layoff.

If I remember correctly the team came out on fire after the Olympic break last year. I expect the same this year.

:lol:

There is a fine line between giving actual reasons for poor play, and giving excuses, and Lorentz tends to wander to the excuses side way too much. I know he does it occasionally, but I'd like to see him be a little more critical of the team's effort when warranted, and I'd like to see less excuses for the goalies when they let in a softie.

Archived